Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old School (old) Guy Returns to Rods

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Flatheadguy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hello All
    Well, it's been the mid-50s since I built street rods and hgung around with the "wrong crowd" (parents definition). Model A HiBoy, 32 Frame, Flathead, Columbia 2 Speed....WHY DID I SELL IT?
    ARRRGGGHH!!
    Anyway, here I am again. A 1939 Ford Deluxe Tudor. Yeah, flathead. Heads, cam, carbs, headers and so on. Basically stock body. Also building a 27 T roadster.....yup, flathead.
    Originally from Boston and with Florida and California in between am now located in Grant, Nebraska. Got a shop here at the airport. Aircraft type person. A&P-IA and DAR. If you fly you likely can decipher. Built a number of airplanes too, from plans.
    Actaully, anything mechanical turns me on. Everything else is just the in between stuff ya gotta do to live.
    That's about it.
    Bill [email protected]

2. FarmFresh

FarmFresh
    from Ames, Iowa

Got any pics of your cars. Post a build up on them if you can.

3. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

4. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Welcome Bill. Sounds like we hung with the same crowd that tee'd ny folks off. Sanford Me. and Charleston RI. drags in the mid 50's . Out here on the West Coast now after career in Aviation. Got back into this after quite a absense . Search my post "27 on 32" . Headers of Haverhill 56-62.

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Bill, welcome from colorado! Dad was a a&p and r&e lifer at united. I had a pilots license before i graduated high school. Grew up in western nebraska. Good to have you on board.

6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

7. KKustoms

KKustoms

Howdy Bill.....from a fellow Nebraskan

8. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Will post as soon as I can dig out pix and put on disk. Of course, I then need to figure out how to post pix here. Thanks for the note.
    Bill

9. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hello "oldebob"
    Yeah, Sanford...NETA. Yetman, Willet, Sidebotham...Orientals, High Winders....those were great days. Actually, I flagged at Sanford before my dad found out. Miss those days, but they are memories and helped to make us what we are today...."vintage motorhead geezers".
    Thanks for the words.
    Bill

10. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to heading to Good Guys next year. If you are going tobe there look for the 39 Deluxe Tudor...."Guacamole"....my wife's name for it due to color.
    Bill

11. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Thanks for the welcome. Great poster......"cup of......" LOVE IT!!

12. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

And howdy to you. Thanks for the welcome. Will post a bit of news every now and then. This is a super site for all kinds of info. And, my memory banks are not what they used to be. I need a bit of nudging every so often.

13. HotRod33

HotRod33

Bill you must be a slow learner because here you are hanging out with the wrong crowd again.......welcome to the hamb from st louis...........

14. Welcome from a one time Nebraskan. I'd like to also invite you to check out the Old Farts' Social group here on the HAMB. I'm sure you will find not only your generation, but guys & a couple gals who are just as nuts as you are about traditional hot rods.

15. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

"Old Farts"? How insulting!! I don't feel or look a bit over....uh, wait a minute. It's early morning, one coffee down and into the bathroom to shave. Uh, who is that guy staring back at me in the mirror? I spun around real fast...okay, as fast as I can at this age, looking for who was standing behind me. Nobody. DAMN!! Is that ME? I didn't look like that last night...did I? Where'd those wrinkles comes from?
    ARRGGHHH!!
    Damn good thing this electric razor doesn't have a blade!!

Thanks for the invite....I'll do it. See ya there.

Bill

16. welcome from Omaha. Sounds like you'll fit in here....lotsa Nebraskans here too. And LOTS of flatheads, including mine.
    Rocky

17. Velkommen! Just North of you in the Rapid City area.

18. ThunderRoad Garage

ThunderRoad Garage
    from missouri

welcome from those of us youngins' who missed out on the old days. love to hear stories and see pics. be careful in here, its a rowdy bunch.

19. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Thanks for all for the welcomes. You may want to retract them when you get to know me. (smiling) I have met a lot of local car guys....well, within a hundred or so miles. After all, I am now located, not in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from my front porch. I am amazed at the number of VERY cool hot rods (and street rods) and customs here in the area. I look forward to runs, meets and so on. We have started a club and definitely will convoy to as many as we can attend this summer.
    Let me know about anything happening within a couple hundred miles of NE Colorado.
    Thanks, again, to all
    Bill

20. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Welcome from Buford,Ga. how the hell did you wind up in Neb. after Fla.????
    spent a couple of years there in omaha, pretty serious winters.

21. Whay part of SW? I know a couple Ne guys

22. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Welcome from Florida. That was one good looking A. Very similar to what my son is building now.

Lee

23. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Watch out for "Old Farts"......we originated rowdy and are classified as professionals.

24. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

The above was sent by you some time ago. I have just discovered that there are replies waiting to be read. TO answer your question, a bit late (a "bit"?), I am in Grant. Twenty miles south of Ogallala, just off I-80. If you
    ever get down this way give me a heads up and stop in for milk and cookies.
    Bill 308-352-6364

ps.......I find your various postings here are very worth reading.
    Mine not so much, but I try.