Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Old school cool 248 Gmc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neb Hillbilly, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow , this sixxer sounds great! Maybe this^ may have something to do with the low oil pressure issue at low rpm?

loudbang likes this.
  2. Neb Hillbilly

Neb Hillbilly

possibly, I am going to reduce it to 3/16 and see if it helps.

Sent from my S48c using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Baumi and loudbang like this.
  3. Neb Hillbilly

Neb Hillbilly

Happy independence day. I hope everyone enjoys the day with family and friends while remembering the cost many paid to allow me to play with Old junk GMCs and other pursuits of happiness!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    64zim, LAROKE, Gofannon and 6 others like this.
  4. Neb Hillbilly

Neb Hillbilly

Haven't had a chance to do much because of work. Added more rope to tighten the rear main seal and added o-rings to the dist to stop leaks. Reduced the oil to the head to a .095 hole. Started it today, still to much oil at the top, reduced the hole size to .067 (half the area of the .095") and it appears the oil to the rockers are much better. Still lots of oil but doesn't over run the glued on gasket at idle. Hot idle pressure up to 20 psi. Rear main might be leaking again, might have to come up with a new solution.

6-bangertim, 64zim, LAROKE and 2 others like this.