Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old R&C and Hot Rod mags....should I buy them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WildWilly68, Mar 25, 2004.

1. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I have an opportunity to buy a bunch of old Rod and Custom mags...the little ones (about 20) from the 50's and I think 1960. Also a bunch of early 60's Hot Rod, Car Craft and some other odds and ends including two small magazines by Barris. The price might be a little steep, but I only want a couple and was thinking of selling some and auctioning some here to help support the HAMB. Would anyone be interested in these? If not the guy is going to Ebay them, but I can get the whole lot if I want. I'll check back later.
    Bill

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

3. DrJ

DrJ

If the price is steep they should NOT be mildewed or moldy.
    If they are in those cute little plastic magazine sleeves take tham out and open them and take a wiff.
    If they're mildewed, pass, or buy real cheap, because you'll only be able to read and store them outside in a good breeze.

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, I bought about 25 for $20 (with shipping) that were all damaged, some pages stuck together, etc. There are some good pics that are salvageable, but I probably should have passed on them.

5. 59FORD

59FORD

Post the issues you don't want. I'm interested in any thing from 59-63.

6. luckystiff

luckystiff

i picked up a lot of about 120 a while back not long ago. kept the ones i needed sold the rest to fellow hambers and we all got a good deal. if the price is steep i'd probably pass. what are you calling steep by the way. on average $2-$5 each isn't bad depending on which issues they are and the condition they are in. just so ya know...ken....

7. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Well they are in decent shape, not moldy. A whole suitcase full for prolly around $100. There are about 25 R&C the small ones, some of the early 60's standard size, Car Craft, a bunch of Hot Rod and some others. I should know something this weekend.
    Bill