Register now to get rid of these ads!

History old picture of a very good friends great grand father.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by siouxindian, Mar 4, 2017.

1. siouxindian

siouxindian

we could use some help . my friend trey. his grandfather is in this picture on ,A, bike i think #9 because of the bike is in the center of picture.we could use everybodys help on info of people and the car in picture. what year of picture could have been. dencie

2. siouxindian

siouxindian

is the picture able to be seen.

3. siouxindian

siouxindian

man adden pictures is not my good side. i will put them on

4. Tanyan yahi,
    Put the photo in your My Pictures file(right click-"save picture as") on your PC and hit "upload a file" tab next to the post reply tab. Depending how your computer is set up you might have to look for the my pictures file or it will pop up automatically. Click the picture and once down loaded click full size and post. This or find a kid to help, that's what I did.:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017

5. Yes I would like to see the picture also. I hope he can post it up. Maybe someone with a little better computer skills could explain it better than I did.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

7. siouxindian

siouxindian

8. siouxindian

siouxindian

my son got these on here for me.sorry for the very long delay. dencie

9. The last photo of picture #9 the baile is a Harly-davidson and appears to be a flathead and that would be 47 and earlier. HRP upload_2017-7-4_9-47-31.jpeg

10. J D Coop

J D Coop

[​IMG]

In this picture, Number Nine is on a different bike, OHV Knucklehead engine, also ended production in 1947. He probably rode two classes. The flathead in the other pictures was probably a 45 CI.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Or a 80. HRP

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. dudley32

dudley32

the way the exhaust port on the front cylinder is shaped makes me think it's a 45...

13. siouxindian

siouxindian

you know it looks like a45 dosent a 80 have a different kinda head?

14. siouxindian

siouxindian

maybe i should put this on a Harley site but i am not a Harley kinda guy. i have rode 2 wheels all my life but born in 1961 .just a motor cycle rider. i have mostly rode Honda. but old pictures of a friends grand fathers i want your help. just saying .

15. redo32

redo32

45 rear chain on the right. Big twins on the left. The Knuckle is a '40, has "football" tank emblem with no side trim. The 45 tank is at least a '41 because it has the trim. The tanks seems narrower indicating a factory racer a model WR or WRLD.
    The back window of the coupe looks like a 46-8 Ford. Maybe you could ask the guys to move over so we could see more.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    The37Kid likes this.
  16. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Nice pictures. Numbers 2 & 15 look like Indians, and all four bikes in that heat are flatties. If you got more pics, lets see them!

17. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Notice the man in coveralls and a sailors hat. This could be during the War or shortly after.