Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old "Newbie" from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Turnipseed, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

I've been lurking around here for a while......just reading and observing. I've liked what I've seen, but never joined until now. I'm a 60 year old retired chemical plant operator. I've always liked old cars. Back in the '70s I had some 55 and 56 Chevys. Then in the '90's had a '64 Malibu convertible. Also had some early '60s Chevy pickups. I'm also a motorcycle rider, having started riding at 13 on a Sears Allstate scooter (made by Cushman). I've done a little drag racing with a small block powered Chevy LUV and a Plymouth Duster (just quit racing 2 years ago). Just bought a '36 Ford sedan (small block Ford powered) from a friend and am really looking forward to the future with it. My wife is very excited about getting to drive it. Really enjoying my second (or third) childhood.

2. Nice Intro, ...................Welcome to the H.A.M.B..............from Arkansas City, KS.
    I at age 12 had a Allstate motor scooter made by Cushman as well, mine was a automatic, was your's also?

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

3. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

welcome to the HAMB from wayOUT weST AZ................

4. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

Yes, my Allstate was automatic (centrifugal clutch). I wish that I had some picutres of it, but don't. I've seen pictures of Cushmans that were quite similar to it. Lots of great memories of riding it way back then.

Bill

5. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Welcome from Victoria.

6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

7. Welcome aboard "OLD" Newbie.....retired huh, and likes messing around with old cars.....this place will fire you up:D.
    Glad to have you with us.....got a lot of Texas boys on here

8. skoh73

skoh73

Welcome to your new addiction! Lotsa great people and tons 'o amazing advice!

9. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Welcome From Granbury, TX

10. x-shift

x-shift

More like a Texas PLAYboy! Welcome from another newbie! I also had a bunch of those Chevy trucks, still wish I had two of them... Enjoy your stay here, you'll find it addictive. I do more reading here than anywhere else. I'm also a member of a racing family, so there's a few friends among you! Have fun!

11. big bad john

big bad john

.....Really nice intro......Welcome fellow HAMBer......get ready to enjoy the ride....Big Bad John

12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett--you found a great board. People are friendly, helpful and not the least bit competitive---I'm older'n you.

13. Me too! Welcome from Arkansas...

14. Welcome from Connecticut

15. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy, from No. We. Conn.