Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy store prop trucks - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i'd like to pick one up, all it would need is an engine, transmission, driveshaft, and wiring, i wonder if they have radiators in them?

2. skip86

skip86
    from Florida

2 weeks ago,maybe a little less,2 old navy trucks were for sale on e bay motors,both same seller,both in n.y.,someones buying them,for resale ,they were listed under chevrolet other cars,check it out,i dont know if they sold or not but they were listed seperately and had a buy it now price on them,the buy it now price was under $3,000.00,where there were 2 theres got to be more.:rolleyes:

3. 067chevy

067chevy

There are alot of those 47 to 54 pickups sitting arround. I've been buying them for 400-500 apiece and reselling. I personally don't care for that body style

4. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

we just tore one apart at gmcbubbas shop. these trucks are junk. the only thing of value was the grille, emblems and bumpers. not too bad for parts trucks but, not something that i would wanna redo.

5. So how solid are they? Are they crap bondo/fiberglass jobs? Or recasts?

6. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

very crappy bondo jobs. they covered the cowl vent with bondo. you could still see where it was. the one he took apart looked just aweful. i couldn`t see giving too much for one.

7. HA. I knew it sounded too good to be true. They're all probably 30,000 pound bondo Goliaths.

8. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

A member of my car club has 3 of them. Nice repo grills, good bumpers and the hood is bolted to the fenders. Some rear fenders are glass. No engine or trans. No floor in bed.

9. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

wow, still going...I'm seeing these everywhere from $800 to $4000. i've seen a couple and they are JUNK, cobbled together, frame problems, bondo hell. The ones i've seen, the rims were the most valuable part of the truck. Wait a year and there will be a glut again of somewhat improved crap Old Navy trucks when those buying them dump them back on the market unfinished.

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

We just got a 51 3 window for $2g's. It's nice, but pretty banged up. No rad, motor, tranny, vin or ownership either.

They said it's an absolute must that we take the Old Navy logo off the doors aswell.

pics to come

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

No radiators one had no guages eather.

12. I'm assuming the 3 I saw this past weekend in Weymouth are the same.

[​IMG]

13. brandon

brandon

a friend of mine , had one given to him ....seems it was supposed to have been removed last summer , the company that was supposed to get it never showed...had a bunch of 1/4 " bolt's holding it together....but the price was right..:D brandon

14. eticket

eticket

We stopped in at the Roadhouse grille, a steak place across from the mall in Melbourne, and it appeared to be one of the old navy trucks in there. hmmmmm

Mike

15. And anyone in Mass who is interested apparently there are 7 more trucks available in Walpole

16. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Yes the middle one is a 5 window.

17. rodknocker

rodknocker

18. FYI: The Wed Night Bubba Crew just took one apart, looked good, until the parts were dipped...beat to death...it was full of filler...so the typical buyer beware...
    Note: the Chrome was perfect..

19. oldschoolphart

oldschoolphart
    from New Jersey

An update on this thread. I called GAP in California today. The person I spoke to said that they were selling all the trucks to a "private company." They would not be sold to private individuals. She wouldn't say which company and for how much they would be sold for.

20. mightymarshal

mightymarshal
    from MD

I know next to nothing about cars, and actually found this while searching for an Old Navy location in NYC and thought I'd try and fill you guys in. I didn't read the entire thread, and you might already know this.

I used to work at ON *up until Feb of this year* and the company is re imaging, and changing it's target market to gear more towards 20-somethings. For that reason Gap is taking the store design more in the direction of Express or Wet Seal. The industrial look isn't jiving with their plans any longer, so over time all of the stores will be remodeled. The first step in the remodel was removing the old pickups, and that was done district by district. My store didn't have one and we still had the truck come to pick it up. However two other stores in my area had them, and I took a look at them. Pretty much they're a body, gauges, a bench seat, sometimes a shifter, a steering wheel and tires. And lots of chrome. Dependent on the store, the cars are in a array of conditions. The ones I saw had a LOT of bondo on them and patch work. None of them have any kind of engine, some of them don't even have a gear shifter. The paint job on them is quick, and somewhat shotty. TBH, I'm not even sure that it would hold up in actual rain. The trucks were sent to California, where Gap Corporate is located, and are being sold to a private buyer. I'm not sure if it's one buyer, or several different buyers. They kept the name(s) private to protect whoever is buying it be it a private purchaser, or a corporate company. While the chrome work is nice, all of the bondo and patching on them makes it pretty much not worth buying from the one's I've seen. When they bought them they bought whatever they found at a reasonable price, so there may be some nice ones out there, but I'd assume most of them were going to be scrapped anyway. Not hard to make it look nice if that's all it's supposed to do; look nice.

Hope this helps yall out:)

21. imrdy111

imrdy111

I have been working at old navy now for 2 years. These are in fact real trucks. But they are missing the engine. We had a few guys come in our store and I had a chance to talk to them. They said they were GIVEN the trucks from GAP inc. and they are allowed to do what ever they want with them. They all got a few from around this area, and the one guy said he was going to sell some of his on EBAY. Something to think about!

22. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

They just ain't hearin' it Rich!

23. Guy has two of them for sale about 10 miles from here.Don't know what he's asking but if anyone is interested I can stop by and find out.

24. Old thread I know but I did see one around here on Craigslist for sale. Guy wanted $3000 for it. I guess it's an OK price if it is not rusted, nice chrome and interior. It had no motor or tranny. I have seen them before on Ebay for over $5000 bucks but they looked like crap. Over here that may be a nice price because I keep seeing people trying to sell that style Chevy truck here that are rusted and no good for over 8,000 and $10,000!!! I think they watch too much TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.