Register now to get rid of these ads!

old mallory part number ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slayer, Jun 12, 2008.

1. I just scored an old mallory dual point distributer for a mopar v8. The problem is I dont know what mopar . It is a model ZCM type 288A X if that helps. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

2. socal57chevy

socal57chevy

I have an old one for a sbc. I would suggest calling Mallory for specifics.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=Normal vAlign=top align=right width="45%">Phone:
    8:30am- 5:00pm
    Monday- Friday EST </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD class=Normal vAlign=top width="45%">Address:
    Mallory Ignition
    10601 Memphis Ave. #12
    Cleveland, OH 44144 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. try mallory's web site it has a lot of info

4. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

That's correct. However, the 288 number (with different suffix letters) shows up in the listings for all '54-'57 DeSoto hemis, so I'd wager that it will fit all Desoto hemi engines. The suffix (B,C,D, etc.) usually designates a different advance curve.

5. Shit!!! I was hoping it was for a Chrysler, not a Desoto. I guess it will be up for sale on the buy\sell board soon. Thanks for all the info guys.

6. You are correct sir!! :D Forgot to add that info. I was in a pizza induced coma at the time. LOL

Matt

7. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

As long as you guys got your old Mallory catalogs out. He He :) I've got a ZCM 270B. Slayer, If it comes up as Chrysler I'll trade you. I need Desoto. Lets do the PM thing.

8. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I don't even need to look it up, since that one's in my head. '51-'56 Chrysler.

9. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

Thank You HEATHEN. This FNG appreciates it.