Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs old kustom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thesupersized, Jan 6, 2011.

1. thesupersized

thesupersized

2. austin514

austin514

that thing screams late 50`s custom style.

3. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Interesting... I just can't see how anyone.. even not sober could dare put those universal Wal Mart hubcaps on that car, I think rusted bare steel wheels with a ton of brake dust on them would do the car more justice.

It would be cool to see some history on it though, I agree.

4. milo1303s

milo1303s

5. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

sorta, minus the 70's wizard mural paint job and lowrider interior. it probably went through a lot of changes when the car passed through different hands. but i think it screams ugly more than anything else. it can be saved however, but i bet a lot of body filler lurks under that paint.

6. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

just noticed it was a no post car too. definitely worth saving.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    **EDIT** just noticed the price. fuck that. I would spend no more than 5K tops. The doors has also been suicided so it might not be a true no post bel air to begin with. If he wont budge from that 60K buy it now price, bring it to the crusher

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. DougHH

DougHH

so many mixed emotions. so much awesome and so much gay sh*t happening all at once.

8. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

He calls it a Huge Hefner car.....hard to tell if it is a new, old or a little old build

9. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

I really like the part where it says excellant condition with a few rust bubbles.

10. cicciobilly

cicciobilly
    from italy

What the hell!
    Really ugly stuff, it definitely has a lot of potential but not for 59k$

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

11. greazy john

greazy john

what a confused poor car !!!!

12. Damn, that hurt my eyes.

You need to put up a warning sign for us old guys.

13. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Probably way too overpriced for the amount of work that would need doing, but in the hands of some people on this board that could be turned into something way cool. And I don't care how much shit I get for this, but that interior (minus the chain steering wheel!) Is fantastic

But, have you checked out those porta-walls? And he expects that to sell? I mean,damn:eek:.
    Paul

14. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

It can be saved, if you can get it cheap enough, there ARE some cool things done to it. The rest can probably be "fixed" with a different grill, paint, maybe some side trim, and of course wheels and tires!

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

X2---current owner is pretty proud of it. Read the description of the seat functions. They need to go into a ravine somewhere.

16. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Who owns it ...the FLY ?? That thing is uglier than my truck !

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You for got to mention fucked up Porta-Walls, but what do you expect for $59.K anyway. Plus the guy does not appreciate a good insult or two, it is a good thing he didnt advertise here on the HAMB. ;)

18. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

If that one would have white wall tires,chrome reverse,different paint and an old interior everyone would say "waaaoooww coool old build,i like it!" .

19. Rikster

Rikster

I was exactly thinking the same thing.
    How hard it it to look past the few "minor" "ugly" things on this car to see a really nice mild late 1960's custom?

The paint, rims and tires are clearly something that was done in recent years. But the rest looks to be late 1950's perhaps with an update in the 1960's...
    And people often forget to picture a car in the time it was built.

The price is ridiculous though!

20. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

That car would clean up nice, too bad he's so proud of it, and I dig that show car interior big time! What's up with the mirror though, that's more Tony Montana than Hugh Hefner.

21. 63gasser

63gasser

with that interior it looks like you could jump around and not get hurt. kinda like a bounce house for kids!

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

A good sanding and some tinted primer....better rolling stock and another steering wheel and it would be a different car...but it sure aint worth 59K :eek:

23. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

for 60k he would have to ditch the Wal-mart caps and lose the port-a-walls. I could have a car like that for less than 60k even though he says you can't.