Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Inspection Stickers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Lancaster, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Check this out:

http://www.inspectionsticker.net/zen/

Lots of elderly inspection and other types of windshield art. So far, my favorite is the New Jersey 1950 "Rejected" sticker...sorry, officer, the garage was closed when I took it in to fix that, and it musta slipped my mind...

2. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

cool thanks, I always wondered if anybody sold those, I never see them ,all the cars in the old days here cali. had one on the windshield.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I had a 34 Penn inspection decal on my first 34 P/U. Years later I talked to the new owner. He said he replaced all the glass. I said the glass was all new 3 years ago when I built it. He said it couldn't be... it still had the 34 sticker on the w/s.:D

I have a 32 Penn. and a 44 California sticker...the year of my birth. I don't know which one to use.
    [​IMG]

4. noboD

noboD

Which ones your birthday year, Tommy? Heh-hehe.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The State of Texas authorized an old car guy from near Conroe TX to exclusively duplicate all the Texas Safety Inspection stickers from their beginning in about 1952 or so up through the mid-late 70s.
    They are identical in every way except they are blank on the abck side where the car information would have been written by the inspector.
    He sells many hundreds each year at swap meets and car shows.

6. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

We don't have inspections here.

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I'm sure he'll sell you a clear rectangle for that situation!