Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Hot Rod Under a Tree! With Hot Banger!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam M., Feb 13, 2010.

1. I've known about this car for awhile and I made a visit today to make sure he was still working on it! I figured you might enjoy the pics. The old Model A has juice brakes, Thomas intake and head, one 97 carb, fuel block, no dash, gas tank in the trunk, license plate on the rear panel, solid wheels, etc. Its been there 35+ years. I say ".....would you ever consider parting with it?" Owner says "I gotta get that in the shop one of these days...."

Attached Files:

2. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Snatch that bad boy up. He is never gonna get around to it.

3. Grudge

Grudge

Sad to see that thing sinking into the ground. Cool history though, thanks for sharing.

4. PoPo

PoPo

yeah in my shop, or yours or someones before that tree gets too old and falls right on it. Then Jim Sibley will be the only one able to fix it.

5. hvychvy

hvychvy

Thats a shame,thanks for the pics though.Hope you can talk him out of it!!

6. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Have you offered to help him move it? And to remove and dispose of that obsolete driveline to make room for a 350/350 combo?

-Dave

8. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

oh my, so sad. I would offer to help him move it to the shop- at least ther it will be out of the ground and weather

9. 2Hep

2Hep

Sad and a shame.

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

25 years ago I tried to get a farmer to sell me a 65 Galaxie that was just sitting uncovered. He says "nope, going to fix her up". Guess what's sitting in the exact same spot....

11. Here are the pics from the first time I saw it. He said he wanted to put a V8 in it the first time I talked to him so today I brought that up and he said he told a good friend he could have the engine parts....

Attached Files:

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha hes been sayin that for 40 yrs!! He offered to sell the 32 three window to someone I know, showed up with the trailer, got it loaded up then changed his mine made them unload it.....none of those cars will ever be restored...shame.

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

I know a few guys who have...several times, hes not interested....then theres the 32 Ford 3 window he let get to the same shape...sitting rotting since the early 60's....I used to live in the area.

14. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

No reason at all for that car to be rotting into the ground. Too bad.

15. screwball

screwball

Ive posted that three years ago and the 32 three window stock car he has. I first found that back in the 80s still siting in the same spot. Not for sale never will be for sale.

16. screwball

screwball

I was contacted by Kevin Lee when he was running Rod & Custom and the 32 is in the first vintage tin issue from a few years back.

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Too bad you couldn't get that engine. I had a hot banger once, then she moved to another state, but thats another story.:D

18. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps if you front up with $ numbers he could be persuaded, or find out if he needs something else as a swap deal . Snap it up before it returns to its organic state an the ground swallows it up.

19. Its practically growing into the ground now.Something tells me that it will be there until there is nothing left.I offered to cover an old car with a tarp for a guy onetime who was letting one just sit.No dice..wouldn't even accept a free tarp and labor.Can't figure some people out.

20. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

God Bless this old guy. For the number of people that have been to his place and the number of years they keep going back, this old guy loves the attention . Everyone about them, he plays on it. There just lawn art , conversation pieces. Think about it. If they were yours would you let any body come in and look around? Maybe he has already promised them to the neighbor. There are a few HAMB "ers from that area, I would be supprised if anyone gets those cars. Think about it . You would have a sign up......KEEP out ! He"s haven fun......only an opinion...

21. screwball

screwball

The last time I was there there was also a 31 Ford sedan and a 30 Whipet both made into trucks hes is only 20 min from me. I drop in every 5 years or so or drive by every now and then.

22. That sucks. I have never had a Model A before but all I do is dream about them. Here is a guy that could donate a car like this to a kid like me who will have fun with it. I just don't understand people.

23. Damn shame, i'm sure it was a nice car when parked 35 years ago :(

24. James427

James427
    BANNED

It's like the guys that say they really love thier wives but beat the tar out of them twice a week. There is just no figuring some people.

25. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

He was just scared
    [​IMG]

26. Kurto

Kurto

Any pictures of the 32 stock car? It's a shame it's in such a state but it's his call I guess.

27. celticskull

celticskull

hahaaaa funny

28. Pete Fox

Pete Fox
    from Belgium

But one thing is for sure: those pics are pure art!

29. screwball

screwball

I will try to find the 32 pics when I get home tonight.

30. Forget the Rod, what about that smoking '71 Country Squire?!?!?