Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Hot Rod Footage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocknrollratfink, Aug 17, 2010.

?
  1. Total waste of time. Thanks for nothing....

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Mildly entertaining

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. F*ck Yea! That Ruled!

43 vote(s)
    93.5%
  1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

OH My GOD!!! That's too cool! I mean all three of them! I could have watched Santa Ana drags all day, I wish I could go back in time and be there. The chopped T coupe was bitchin', and if memory serves correct, The blue '34 five window without the headlights became the Mooneyham and Sharp 554 car, right? The second one was just as cool, with a little slice of life workin' on the dragster on Saturday afternoon, 1955 style! Salt is always good, and the first time I have seen some of those cars in color, after looking at them all my life! The third was the wild card for me... Usually if you say East coast, I don't bother. Sorry guys out there, I guess I'm a snob... But once again, Holy Crap! The "Suddenly 1960" Plymouth before my eyes! But then, not only a windshield less '56 T Bird, But a windshield and topless, hard toneu'd, (my spell check just had a fatal heart attack) Headrested '57 Merc!!! I Just blew a fuse!!! That's too cool! I want one now! Man good choice on the music too. Link Wray is always the way! Thank you sir. The only thing that I could think though, was I wonder if it would be possible to do a digital "clean up" of some of it where it faded. I wish I could have seen a few of the Triumphs that shot past the camera better at Santa Ana. Thank you again, Chip Quinn

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow...that was GREAT. Thanks.

BTW...The two "iodots" that voted "mildly entertaining" must be moped-enthusiasts. LOL.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  3. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

LoL I wouldnt have said it. But ill sure as hell laugh. Funny is funny. :D

4. cretin

cretin

Way cool! Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I wish these old videos had sound!

5. Labold

Labold

Your Grandma rocks!

6. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

Lol I'm glad i posted these. Nobody else i showed them too had half the interest you guys do.

7. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

finally someone gets the music right.It makes the video so much kooler.
    I love people who 'get it'.
    Paul

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

tracks 1 & 3 are 'Hipsville B.C.' by the Sparkles,and 'Rumble' by Link Wray.Don't know the rockabilly instro in the middle.
    Who does that killer instro at the start of the Suddenly 60 clip?
    Paul

9. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

Ditto
    Well said Paul.
    Great films thanks for posting rocknrollratfink

10. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

I'll make a list of all the songs and titles when I get a chance. I'm way too zoned out to think right now. Glad you enjoyed! I got more reels of film coming my way in the next month or two hopefully (Probably will see my Grandpa in October at my wedding)

11. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Thanks, just like stepping into the way-back machine with Peabody & Sherman........!