Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Old HAMB Days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Jul 30, 2019.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I made a comment the other day about the old HAMB. I didn't think much about it at the time but things changed today.
    I dug through some old DVD's and found THE CAR THAT ATE MY BRAIN. Between 2008 and 2010, there were some really creative guys that hung out here...…..one that stuck out was Piero DeLuca that did all the Mad Fabricator's Society films. Another was a guy named Von Fanco who build the Kookie Car clone. Also featuring Mark Skipper ………( took me 12 years to connect that name ).
    What a great little film. The complete history of Norm Grabowsli's cad powered Model T . Also the history of Von Franco's obsession with the car. I had forgotten how well the film had been done...………………………………………………………………………………………………………
    For anyone who joined the HAMB after about 2012, this is truly a must see ! Do a google Search on Mad Fabricators and get some great films with a bunch of HAMB guys in every film. Maybe this will get you going

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...that was a cool bit of Hotrod film no question about it @hrm2k. The Membership and Talent base around here is ever evolving...Many have come and gone. Some return briefly...some longer...it is what we make it really. Ryan with his Team provide us with the Platform and we provide the content...

I still feel amongst a very diverse range of talented Hoodlums...;)

Like you I am in awe of the incredible amount of subject matter that has been already offered by members we don't hear from very often anymore...so I'll see what I can dig up...

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little Short by @MrModelT

Credit to Videographer, Owner

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yeps, Norm's little car made a big splash across the screen that was, and is, Winfield & Watson Gathering-Mojave 173 (Small).jpg embedded in the brains of many - he certainly had the right ride in the right place at the right time - Norm sure left his mark on the world - such a good looking guy should have been a leading man

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamber @hotrodfil's eye on Vintage Go fast from across the Pond...

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Great stuff, everyone! Yes, things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not so much. I still enjoy hanging out here and the company of some really good folks.............Don.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More Mad Fabricator's featuring Hamber @bobbleed and I suspect a large contingent of Other Hambers being...well Talented Hoodlums that they are...

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A film by Brian Darwas

Chock full of influencers of this great passion...;)

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Tons of good stuff on amazon prime right now. Lots of mad fabricatior films and other hot rod stuff. Midwest fabrication, Austin speed shop tutorials, mooneyes japan shows, and more.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamber @yblock292...:confused:...I think with a vintage survivor interviewed by RoyboyProductions who I believe is also a Hamber...

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Here is some interesting Video courtesy of Hamber @SUHRsc ...it gives a great perspective on the vintage dirt jalopy racing back in the day...Obviously a toned down version of the real deal but not lacking on the thrill and feel and even some of the danger that those Hotrodders back in the day faced.

Credit to Videographer @SUHRsc

hrm2k, lothiandon1940 and waxhead like this.