Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old guys first crush

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dreracecar, Apr 8, 2013.

1. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

2. Annette Funicello? HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  3. Was mine, bummer.

4. Gorgeous.So is the Dragster. Were they both yours at one time?

5. khead47

khead47

Sigh..........she died yesterday.

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

What a loss. For all of us.

7. belair

belair

Nice lady. She carried on with dignity after the M.S. diagnosis.

8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Pix is Ivos "BARNSTORMER"
    Avitar is "SHOWBOAT" clone I built fo Ivo

9. Count me in as a kid that had a crush on her,throughout her career she never wavered from principals. HRP

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Her suffering is over. They kept her alive for a long time, which is kind of sad in itself...basically comatose, feeding tube for nutrition, couldn't recognize family or friends.

I bet everybody in heaven is singing...

"Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!...you're as welcome as can be..."

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I miss the good old days where celebrities were known for thier talent and personality. we have no one these days that compares to her.

12. Spent many nights with her. She just didn't know it. What a great person. But now she's in the great place.

13. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

My 1st hottie crush too. Who would think the Mickey Mouse club could be sexy? :D Getting old sucks from any angle, I don't recommend it to anyone, but the alternative is worse.

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I was smitten with Annette from when she was a Mousketeer. Longest crush I ever suffered...
    Then, one magic night in 1962 my friend Paul Gerbasi (Paul was a 'stand-in' stunt man for James Darrin) took me to a party out in the valley.
    Annette Funicello was there, Paul introduced me to her. Talked a bit, I'll never forget that magic moment.

Godspeed, Annette.

15. My dad always said "Old age ain't for sissy's"HRP

16. Drive'em

Drive'em

Ok, it might be easier to see who didn't have a crush on Annette. Sad day for all us baby boomers who watched Mickey Mouse Club and all her beach movies RIP.

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I was there but I never saw a beach movie. Yeah
    I picked her out of the top row before she was that famous.

18. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Man I was a dyed in the wool Howdy Doody guy in the 50s (Princess SummerFallWinterSpring) until the Mickey Mouse Club presented a vision of teenage Annette with her charms. Local New York gal too, Utica I think. I grew up in Rhinebeck. And as I remember from a book I read about the show, Ol' Walt dimmed down her headlights somewhat on TV with clothing. Still looked great to me when I was 13.
    She sure had a tough row to hoe later in life. God rest her soul and give her peace.

19. Heo2

Heo2

I Never Heard of her Before I found Hamb
    But my first wife was incredible lookalike her
    and her name was Annette to
    But i understand Funicello had a nice personality

20. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

A very classy lady, loved by all. Rest in Peace Annette.

21. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

Beautiful Gal.. Rip.

22. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i'm another of probably millions of baby boomers whose first crush was annette. for me, the attraction was that she wasn't the usual nordic princess, but a dark haired, olive skinned mediterranean, which was something different. i recall watching mickey mouse club (probably at the age of 7 or 8) with my grandmother, pointing out annette and announcing, "that's who i want for my girlfriend"! and was i ever jealous of paul anka when they were a couple. rip

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, definitely a sad day in the MouseHouse. I'm another of the lifelong Annette fans.

24. modified1927

modified1927

She was the sexiest Mouskeeter, and had a life after it, I hope she was happy for the majority of it

25. rockguy92

rockguy92

Everyone over 55 had a crush on Annette at some point in time. Totally a class act that always held her head high regardless of her own pain or suffering. She is now in peace.

The Rock

26. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't say I had a crush on her but she was clearly a class act and a fixture for all those beach movies. Nobody could ever hope to fill those shoes. A time we loved and miss and a lady who's equally missed. Surf's up honey, forever...

27. She will be missed. She'll live forever through the beach party movies and through the MouseHouse.

28. Ole don

Ole don

One would think that she was the first girl ever to grow boobs. She and I met once for about two seconds when I delivered telephone books. She was an angle in life, I wish her the best in heaven. We are the same age, and I keep on wakin' up. Dont know why.

29. firingorder1

firingorder1

As a young child she aroused feelings in me that I didn't fully understand. Call it a crush if you like. The crush never went away. Super sweet dignified gal her whole life. And who could ask for a better movie than one that starred Annette, Ivo's fueler and Stellings and Hampshire's fueler? God speed Annette. R.I.P.

30. Very sad to hear,,,, RIP

Is the dragster guy Tommy Ivo?