Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Gearhead New Here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Chris C Kennedy, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Chris C Kennedy

Chris C Kennedy

Hello Men!

I am an older gear head new to this forum. Kinda neat looking through the comments...its like a meeting without being in person!

I have loved anything with wheels, ever since I can remember. If I could attach an electric motor, gas engine, Estes Rocket or pedals to make it go, I did it! I have put together a ton of cars, motorcycles, mini bikes, go carts, boats, jet skis, bicycles & motorbikes & I never get tired of it!

Right now I am putting together my first hot rod. A 1931 Model A Coupe. Chopped 4", having a 48 239 Flatty built for it. Had a transmission shop put a 3 speed together so I could keep my 31 torque tube & axel tubes....Now I have decided I want a quick change (Hence my search for that elusive Halibrand 101 Case) & as Vern Tardel asks "Do you need it OR just want it" My answer is Yes!

I "Z'd" the frame in the rear 4" & have a 4" drop beam up front, 4 wheel Bowling Brothers 14" hydraulic drum brakes using 1965 Buick Finned drums. 8.20R-15 American Classic WW on the rear with 5.60R-15 WW on the front. All 4 are mounted on The Wheelsmith OEM Chrome Reverse wheels using their "Spider" Centers.

1932 grille with sprint car type steering linkage. Custom made power rear window in order to talk to passengers in the rumble seat or simply to get that ventilation..... Waiting on the completion of the 239 so I can continue....I am at a stand still until that!
    Sooooo, I am hoping to find the last tid-bits...that is where y'all come in...any help in selling me OR helping me find the last few pieces would be totally excellent!!

Who knows. maybe I will be able to pay the favor back???One never knows!

Thank you,
    Chris Kennedy
    New2ModelA

2. jmkporsche

jmkporsche

Welcome from Washington state. Sounds like a cool build. Share some pictures when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Welcome, Chris. Sounds like a great project.

4. Welcome here, Chris, this is the right place for you :)