Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Fuel Stop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsmerc, Oct 1, 2013.

1. oldsmerc

oldsmerc
    from seattle

I am propbably one of the last to see this but maybe there are others.
    Old fuel stop <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

thanks for the photos. they brought back plenty of good memories.where i grew up in the 50s&60s there were 6 fuel stops within a mile stretch of my house. i worked at all of them as a kid washing cars and pumping gas. they were all full service.................

3. 35hotrod

35hotrod
    from Duvall, WA

Thanks for the memories!!! When I was a little kid in Milwaukie, Ore I'd ride out with Dad to the Bomber on Milwaukie Blvd. When it first opened you could pay to tour the inside of the plane. Over time it became too rickety to go up in it. I haven't thought about this station in years. Brought a tear to my eye. Gonna call my 82 y/o Dad and do a little reminiscing. Cool!!

4. Yeah,you may be one of the last but I enjoyed seeing the photos again,it's been a while. HRP

5. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

When I moved away in 2009 it was still there. It is no longer a Gas Station, but it is a great Restaurant still owned by the same family. The B-17 was undergoing restoration. We used to eat there every Sunday.

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Thanks for posting all the great vintage photo's of when gas stations were real gas stations and not convenience stores.

Gas stations used to pump your gas and check your oil but also did tune-ups, brakes and just about everything else until there business got picked apart by companies like Midas, Just Brakes, quick tune-up places and 10 minute oil change places.

Jimbo

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos, great memories. Thanks.

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Boy, Does this picture tell a story..........

Attached Files:

9. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

"Full Service"..................non-existant today.
    It used to include "free glassware, etc."

10. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

There used to be a SERVICE station here years ago that the 2 bays had no doors. There was a room behind the office, that everything was taken into when they closed. It was an American Station on 41 highway, before the Interstate went through.