Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Old Friend - My '46 Pickup Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Brett, the truck is taking shape, go man go.

BTW, the mags were the right way to go and I don't have a problem with the tires, they look great. HRP

2. @HOTRODPRIMER Thanks Danny!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. What size rim is the front and is there an offset cast into the back ?
    I have a set of 14x6 with "0" offset and a set of 15x6 with "1 inch positive" offset

4. Fronts are 15x6 with a 1” positive offset
    Rears are 15x7 with a 1/2” positive offset

This gives the face of the fronts and rears the same “look”, or measurements from the mounting surface outward.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    swade41 likes this.
  5. I plan on using those 15x6 on the front of my 57 but honestly would like to have "0" offset, also messing around with centers like you and tried some Ben Hurr spinners..ha ha Screenshot_20190419-014147_Gallery.jpg 20190319_144552.jpg

6. mike matters

mike matters

I like it

brett4christ likes this.
  7. Unfortunately, Daddy-Stor-It is still in business, so there remains little room to work on projects. Lately the projects are either doing yardscaping or cleaning/reorganizing the garage. Last night, I just had to do something to motivate me...

SO, I pulled a fender out of my parts hole and hung it in place, to check wheel/tire clearances and to stir up the gumption to get back to work on my old friend.

Front wheels are 15x6 with a 1" positive offset, with 215/70-15 tires. I think the placement couldn't be better! tucked in nicely, but not too far inboard, and plenty of turning clearance!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the garage is still a mess! I'm getting fairly fed up with the clutter and congestion! I think its about time to give the renter a notice that they either need to come get their belongings or I'll have a yard sale and all proceeds will be donated to the hot rod fund. ;)

And a little video to provide a little better perspective...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good Brett!