Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Ford wrenches

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hardcorewaterfowler, Aug 17, 2013.

1. The M in a circle Ford tools were made by Moore Drop Forge in Mass. Lots of other vendors made tools as well. Here's some of my junk. I also have a couple Maxwell, & Nash wrenches and several Triumph & Indian motorcycle wrenches. Fun stuff to collect and they quite often turn up at flea markets in $1 bins. Got the tire guage & the grease gun. Still looking for the tire pump, hand crank & the jack to complete my Model A tool kit. The 2 unpainted wrenches on the bottom of the pic are from a tractor tool kit. The rest are Model A tools.

Attached Files:

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

This is what I thought this thread was going to be about; the old joke about a "Ford Wrench" being a hammer. I'm not saying I agree with that at all, because I don't, but I am a Chevrolet guy who has owned a couple of Fords. I like the Ford script on tools, and some of the creative ways guys have used these tools (door handles). Too bad Chevrolet, or the other manufacturers did't do the same; maybe there are some "Bowtie" scripted tools. The Ford bolt is pretty cool in itself! Rod on guys, rod on. Butch/56sedandeliovery.

3. carmuts

carmuts

4. carmuts

carmuts

Danaflash you have an early 28 spark plug wrench in there on the left unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. Those are not real easy to find for high points judging. Rod

5. carmuts

carmuts

Keep your eyes open for the 5Z wrenches and tools with a number higher than 1800. Those are for the Model A. All of the 3Z and 5Z with 3 digits are for Model T's. Rod