Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Ford I may purchase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DAHEMIKOTA, Mar 5, 2007.

1. DAHEMIKOTA

DAHEMIKOTA
    from Tenn

Looking to get this Chevy powered Ford. Just thought I would share some pics. Dan

Attached Files:

2. Lucky77

Lucky77

Ditch the wheels, all of them. Those cheesey pro street looking wheels gotta go as well as that aweful looking one poking out of the dash. Other than that, looks nice.

3. DAHEMIKOTA

DAHEMIKOTA
    from Tenn

I was thinking some stock looking black steel rims with small dog dish caps. The entire steering column has to go. It is out of a late Chevy. Dan

4. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

I love those cars. Nice!!!
    Paul

5. Changing the small things like the wheels is easy and can change the car a lot,,,,,I like it looks great!HRP

6. Just drive it like it is and enjoy it.

You can swap wheels and tires anytime.

A wheel and tire swap may be something you want to do if the car was purchased locally.
    A large visual swap like wheels and tires will go a long way toward making it "your car."

As for the steering column, it's a finished car, if the column et al is working ok, leave it alone.

Nice car, I wouldn't mind if it followed me home....

7. OFT

OFT

I agree on wheel change. However, has rear end been "pro-streeted"? Looks like may have went mini-tubs and a shorter rear end (hub to hub) which may add to the cost when you change.

8. BenW455

BenW455

Nice car! Are you going to keep the sbc or put a ford engine back in it? Good luck with your purchase.

9. bohlsd

bohlsd

Looks nice. I prefer the '46 way over the '47 & '48.

10. lewislynn

lewislynn

Be creative, different and imaginative. Repaint it flat black with some body rot and rust spots and don't forget the red wheels.