Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Ford dealers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob37, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

thanks for the link that was great!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Yes, great idea on a new thread. BTW, not all the dealerships with gold in them thar nooks/crannies were closed. Wish I'd've taken some pics of my finds.

3. Roadsir

Roadsir

That's cool. I like the mild custom 57 Ranchero from Grants Pass Or.

4. Al Packer Ford is still around on Bel Air Rd. (which the locals pronounce "Blair Road." Lots of folks new to Baltimore have gone on futile searches for Blair Road. I'm from Georgia but lived in Baltimore 15 years, bought a car at Al Packer Ford in 2004.

5. AntiBling

AntiBling

I love all the Chevrolet's parked in front of some of the pictures, trading up!

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

they are all giving thier Ford Buddies a ride to the repair shop to pick up the car. either that or the Ford Buddies are getting a ride to the parts department.:D

7. AntiBling

AntiBling

Does that include the row of used Chevies on the sales lot for sale in at least one of the pics I saw.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

trade in a Chevy, get 2 Fords.

9. HA! You guys are funny! Nothing like a Ford vs Chevy rivalry. I remember working at Ford dealerships; most of them would keep only non-Ford trade-ins on their used car lots, and would auction the Ford trade-ins to make folks think the only thing anyone traded in was anything BUT a Ford.

10. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

That was pretty cool, thanks for posting.

11. customcory

customcory

Heres the old Harper Ford Dealership building in Hickory, N.C. They have it restored and made into a office building. Its right uptown. In service from 1928-1970 when they got a modern dealership. No, there are no leftover parts in the attic!

harperfront.jpg

12. The Ford dealer ( Fette Ford) in my home town(Clifton, NJ) has been in business for longer than I can remember. In their first location, they had the used car lot across the street from the main showroom.
    They had two raised spaces on either end of the lot to show-case certain cars. In 1964 they featured a one-year old 1963 Heritage Burgandy, Galaxy 500 tudor sedan equipped with a 406/405hp engine and a four-speed transmission that had recently been traded in ( by a young women)on one of these raised show-case spaces.
    A guy I know relates the story of his father telling him about this car and how he should take a look at it. Because this guy was a die-hard Pontiac fan, he was, at first, reluctant and saw no reason to check out that Ford or any Ford for that matter. ( Under his HS year-book photo was the caption: "Hates Fords".)
    Anyway, he eventually broke down due to winter boredom, went to see the car and bought it!
    The kicker is: He still owns this same car to this very day, 45 years later! Hates Fords??? I don't think so.:rolleyes: