Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Faithful....a Holley question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Faded Love Garage, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Just installed a Holley 750 on my sbc 400. The rear bowl tube is shooting gas out of it when I crank the motor. I have checked the needle , I have changed the front needle to the back, and I have adjusted the float down as low as I can get it. Do I need a feul Pressure regulator ( I am running a mechanical fuel pump)? Gonna try it tommorrow anyway. Just thought I'd run it past you guys.

2. R Pope

R Pope

The float could be hanging up on something. Don't try to run it before you fix it, unless your fire insurance is paid up!

3. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I just dont see what it could be hanging on. Maybe the rear bowl gasket is too thin?

4. Larry T

Larry T

If you have a newer 3310 with a metering plate instead of metering block, you have to run the plastic or nitrofil float in the rear bowl. If you have a brass float sometimes it hits and hangs up.
    Just something else to look at.

5. colorado51

colorado51

Make sure the float is ok (floating).

Also, there is a tab on the float that pushes on the needle, make sure it is not bent too far down allowing the needle to stay open.

6. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

It does have a brass bowl, I'll check and see what the casting is. I'll also check to see if the float floats, it is definently closing the needle.

7. flathead okie

flathead okie

Some one is gonna say it .........might as well be me. THE BEST WAY to fix a Holley is with a sledge hammer.