Register now to get rid of these ads!

old east coast custom "Stardust"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raffman, Aug 16, 2009.

1. raffman

raffman

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Church Key

Church Key

I think that is the custom that Larry Hook owned over twenty years ago. Does it also have Edsel gilles in the back of the car? Larry's a well known pinstripper from Cumberland RI.

3. raffman

raffman

Yes it does, click on the photobucket link for more pics. A pinstripper did own it at one time.

4. Wow Edsel grilles and drawer knobs, who would think of that combo?
    The custom guys were always looking at everything and thinking "I wonder what I could do with that"
    I wonder how that would look as a wagon....naah...

5. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

wow, what a survivor - super shape throughout - all it needed was a chop for a complete full-custom look....aa beaut!

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It kinda looks like a big FB Holden, I like it though.

7. Church Key

Church Key

Yes that is same car... I have known Larry for twenty one years, and he had the car and sold before I knew him. If I got the story straight... He found it in delapatated condition in Taunton MA. He had someone restore it for him, don't know who. I notice in the photobucket pictures it has New Hampshire plates on it. When were those pictures taken?

8. raffman

raffman

Those plates are just something the photographer put on there.
    Definetly interested in the resto info.........................

9. Raffman thats the car we were ment to see after the piza night at your place but you took me to that non car place insted...I wonder why I had no $1 notes left in my wallet the next day !

10. raffman

raffman

That be the one Arthur ! All though that place had younger models they were more curvy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

11. Larry did in fact own that car.Here is a picture of it along with his Deuce 3 window taken at a Boston Area Roadsters meet around 1987.

Attached Files:

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That car is awesome.

13. raffman

raffman

Here's an update for ya.............Luke Karosi from Kustoms Illustrated was out Sunday and shot a couple hundred pictures of the car. Turns out he knows the car and has been searching for it. Says he still would like to learn more about it if anyone has any knowledge. There will be full coverage of it in this winters edition....KOOL !

Attached Files:

14. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

'58 Buick grill, not drawer knobs.