Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Drag pics from Mason Dixon Dragway Maryland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eightydeuce, May 30, 2008.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. 2016 Nostalgia Meet.png

mad mikey, Bowtie Coupe and oj like this.
  3. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I was at that event and man was it hot (temp wise and racing wise haha). Wish they had some covers over the stands like 75/80 had. Still, I love it there.

4. Div1Racer

Div1Racer
    from Virginia

Waaay back in 2014 Daddy'sZill asked if I had a pic of his Grandfathers gold Dodge Super Bee racing at Mason Dixon. I hope this is it..... BelleGrove66.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Dwardo

Dwardo

Does anybody have a picture of a red Hudson Jet 4-door racing in Maryland? My uncle ran one in the early-mid 60s, and I think he mostly ran at Capitol. I remember that car but nobody in the family has a picture of it. He had at least one trophy but I don't know what happened to those.

Stogy likes this.
  6. .............What was your Uncle's name? Might ring a bell with someone.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Dwardo

Dwardo

His name was William Wood. Usually went by "Bill" or "Will". He would have been in his early-to-mid thirties then. Thanks.

8. RompinRedskinJr

RompinRedskinJr
    from MD

Yes my grandfather is Hubert Buttry. I'm unsure of who painted it. I remember him talking about how amazing it looked.
    I've recently come across this photo of it and some of the trophies. There are maybe 4 to 5 hard copy photos of it left. They are all in various stages of its life from blue to black to red. Ill post them as I find them again. Its been a long time since I posted but I'll be checking back more often.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  9. RompinRedskinJr

RompinRedskinJr
    from MD

If you are still here please contact me. I have a few photos I will send you copies of and would love to talk to you.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  10. .........Not to be a downer, but that guy hasn't logged back on here in almost 5 years.:(..You might take a look on the Maryland HAMB forum. There's a long running thread about Maryland Hot Rodding History and there could be some pics or info about your Grandfather's car.........Don.

mad mikey likes this.
  11. Made your picture bigger.:) 20211107_105936.jpg

Fast Elvis and mad mikey like this.