Register now to get rid of these ads!

History old dealership photos...picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by apound, Nov 28, 2008.

1. In post #2, the shot with the ponies, it sure looks like Colonel Tom Parker who was Elvis' manager. He started out with a dog and pony show before he got into managing Eddy Arnold and Elvis. Look close at the picture and see if you don't think it looks like him. Those of you that are old enough to remember Colonel Parker.:)

2. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

3. apound

apound

I like the sale promotion on the 59. Free Kleenex? Is that because of all the crying over the payments? WTF

4. drfreeze

drfreeze

Here is the Manhattan Packard building 11th ave between 54-55 st . It is now Manhattan auto group , I work there for about 7 years when it was Manhattan Ford factory maintaince building and Iwas turning wrenches for Land Rover on the 8th floor !. Let me tell you those ramps are still used today and it is tight ! but alot of fun . I always loved the history of this building before packard it was a stable for horse and buggy ....

Attached Files:

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

Because he had to leaf, of course!

6. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail

Hi Apound,
    I did find a 49 year old photo taken in my hometown of Washington, Kansas during the city's Centennial Celebration in 1960. It shows Lundblade Motors which was a Ford Dealership. During those days, we had a Chevy-Olds dealership, a Ford Mercury one and a Chrysler one..all are closed up and gone into history now.

This photo show August Henkey's old 1902 Oldsmobile, which he used to tool around in the evenings and parades. He ran a welding shop in town and passed away many years ago. The Olds...no one knows where it finally went. It was neat to watch run...outside valves that had to be oiled before each drive.. Have a great day!....duane (NM Sandrail)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  7. Vintageride

Vintageride

8. Nicholson

Nicholson

Here's a couple I found of the Pierce Arrow Sales Salon in Wichita, KS 1931

Attached Files:

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I work at one of the oldest dealerships in the area. There's a 30 yr veteran that works with me everyday. He told me a few years back (10-12) he was taking out the trash he dug out a few dozen framed pics of the buildings from back in the 20's-'50s. Some assclown threw them out!! He saved them and now they hang in his garage.

10. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Any of you NY'rs remember Elm Motors on Queens Blvd in Elmhurst. They sold all sorts of high performance stuff back before the term muscle car was even known. I would love to see pics of that place and their shop on 51st. ave. called Speed Garage. I grew up there and met "Willie the Welder" who ran the place. I now have his original race car.

Pat

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Pretty O/T, but what's Ferndale like now? My Great Grandparents lived there until the early 80's. They were south of Woodward @ 1 mile, and east of 8 mile if I remember correctly. We visited them in 1978, I was young, but I remember thinking they sure had a nice quiet neighborhood, and even had an Ice Cream man that drove a 1954 Ford Ice Cream Truck!

12. mopar210

mopar210

the 1st pic is the old building we were in since 1955 , we built the new one in 2006 (different location) the old building is still there , we store cars , bikes , boats etc.. now . i have been with the store for 16 years now , and always enjoy the "BACK IN THE DAY" stories . the building before 1955 had many uses , horse and carriage repair , willys-overland dealer , had a pool hall and basketball court upstairs , body shop was also upstairs at one time . you can still see names and dates carved in the upstairs walls near the top of where the bleachers were , some dates go back as far as the late teens .

Attached Files:

13. RossPreen

RossPreen

So true mate.....so true :(

14. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

Paul S. Spaar Pontiac Buick , 1934 models

Attached Files:

15. Hell_Air

Hell_Air
    from Monrovia

What about factory photos

Attached Files:

16. jrstockwagon

jrstockwagon

here is one i took of my car the other day in front of an old plymouth dealership.

Attached Files:

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

On the main street of Hempstead TX there is an old 30s Ford dealership building which is mint, has Ford crests all along the roof line. Sadly it was acquired by the Lawrence Marshall Chevrolet truck dealership and has been fitted with one of the 7-11 looking overhangs which covers it's Ford emblems. The dealership failed after being bought by Ray Childress and expanding too fast and selling multiple rands and cars too.

18. pontiac

pontiac

Here's a few I have that are from a few different dealerships. No actual full building shots, and the quality is low, but figured I'd share anyhow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$325! 1951 Chevy...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's an old Studebaker dealership still standing about 5 miles from me. I'll take my camera next time I'm heading that direction and get a picture of it. There used to be a Chevy dealership about 6 miles from me, but they tore it down 7-8 years ago.

19. pontiac

pontiac

Here's some from different dealerships here in West Virginia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. toml24

toml24

1958. Les Bacon & Sons Ford. On Pacific Coast Highway in Hermosa Beach, CA.

Attached Files: