Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, Nov 23, 2004.

1. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

yeah, kirt made one for ray. He has it i love that video some good old stuff in it. Nate

2. Ron

Ron

[ QUOTE ]
    I just got in(for a resto) an actual Westergard car! Its a '41 Cad with '47 front end and rear bumper and '48 rear quarters, and flush fit skirts and also full fade-a-ways, chopped and a Carson top. I will post pics sometime this weekend when the wife is around to help me...I am not real computer smart...Yes its real its owned by Missouri collector, he has some Barris stuff and the R&C Dream Truck also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rodbuilder
    Please post when you can I would love to see them. Or you can email them to me and I can post them for you.

3. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did Sonny and Vito have 56's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sonny was shot and killed on the causeway '47. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I just saw Sonny and Silvia a couple of weeks ago.

4. [ QUOTE ]
    the lenny legere shoebox fucking RULES!!! i like it with the victoria roof best...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually believe those are two DIFFERENT cars.The one with the Edsel taillights was green and was driven quite a bit in the late 50's.The other one was blue and was built later as strictly a show car.The 8-carbed Chrysler wound up in several of Lennie's cars including the sectioned Mustang and the Javelin.Len was on the ISCA show circuit for years and I believe he still has his shop on Lynn St. just outside of Wyoma Square.
    Dennis:The 56 was actually Sonny's car but I think it was a partnership thing later on between him and Vito.In that show pic the car was gold and had 56 Buick portholes in the hood.I remember because I ran scallops around them.And Sonny is very much alive [​IMG]and driving the,"Ant Crusher"everywhere.I think he's on his 3rd motor.

5. here is a old custom p/u i found in a barn near stockton ca i have no history on it but it looks like it was nice at one time

Attached Files:

6. Brickster

Brickster

this belongs to my friends Dad. It was has high school car.

Attached Files:

7. Brickster

Brickster

nother

Attached Files:

8. Brickster

Brickster

last one

Attached Files:

9. epinut

epinut

He he,those El Camino taillights actually looked pretty cool. Who would've thought..

10. epinut

epinut

Post deleted by epinut

11. epinut

epinut

12. Spooky

Spooky

Yeah, '59 Chev tail lights look cool on ANYTHING!

AMAZING pictures here. I love seeing lost treasures like these.
    Per! How ya doin' man? I have a copy of your Packard tattooed on my inner arm. Talk about a cool ride...

Here are a few I have "liberated" from EBay..

Attached Files:

13. Spooky

Spooky

A Custom '33-'34 Ford...

Attached Files:

14. Spooky

Spooky

My Great Uncle's '47 Chev 'vert.
    Taken in Englewood, Co. about '48. Bisides the Buick Skirts and the nose job, the car featured a Coboy Rake, a dual carb intake and split exhaust. Uncle George had the Chev painted BLACK with a BLACK interior and a BLACK top. BLACK walls and single bar Hollywood FLippers.
    Just plain SICK!

Attached Files:

15. Spooky

Spooky

Finally, PROOF that '59 Chev tail lights can make anything look good. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Spooky: I´m fine! But I have never owned a Packard, just two 54 Packard tail lights (and some 52 Packard side trim) for my 54 Ford. That´s the one in my avatar (with some Photoshop work by Rik Hoving).
    Or do you think about the golden Packard cvt taht was featured in Lead News many years ago? That one was owned by Kartsa.

17. Spooky

Spooky

It has to be the one in yer pic here.
    Good to see ya...

18. glassguy

glassguy

ray smith safarinut. has the best posts ive seen in a long time..makes me rush to work to see whats on here every day..thanks ray.....dave

19. Muttley

Muttley

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did Sonny and Vito have 56's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sonny was shot and killed on the causeway '47. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I just saw Sonny and Silvia a couple of weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gets my joke. [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. lownslow

lownslow

RPW
    do you have a full photo shop shot of what your car is going to look like ?...as i have s set of 54 packard lights for my 54 ford...i would lik eto see how much our cars will look like each other....not tryin to steal ideas just curious....thanks

and this thread RULES !!!!!!!!!

21. 00 MACK

00 MACK

What about the green 56 Merc would make you guys think it might be Sonnys?

22. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the lenny legere shoebox fucking RULES!!! i like it with the victoria roof best...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually believe those are two DIFFERENT cars.The one with the Edsel taillights was green and was driven quite a bit in the late 50's.The other one was blue and was built later as strictly a show car.The 8-carbed Chrysler wound up in several of Lennie's cars including the sectioned Mustang and the Javelin.Len was on the ISCA show circuit for years and I believe he still has his shop on Lynn St. just outside of Wyoma Square.
    Dennis:The 56 was actually Sonny's car but I think it was a partnership thing later on between him and Vito.In that show pic the car was gold and had 56 Buick portholes in the hood.I remember because I ran scallops around them.And Sonny is very much alive [​IMG]and driving the,"Ant Crusher"everywhere.I think he's on his 3rd motor.

[/ QUOTE ]
    safariknut, right you are, i just noticed the first is listed as a 49, and the other a 51...looks like an evoloution of the same car...lenny musta loved the 58 lincoln quads(not that i blame him) [​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. [/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I got the joke,Mr.Caan.

24. [ QUOTE ]
    What about the green 56 Merc would make you guys think it might be Sonnys?

[/ QUOTE ]
    One thing is the radiused rear wheel wells;that was done in it's last reincarnation and it didn't look right on the car(still doesn't).The green fade paint wasn't my favorite either.I don't remember the quad headlights being on there but that could have been a later addition.I do remember that it had white interior with a custom console and a phone.Let me see if I can find that article Vito sent me.
    Ray

25. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

safariknut, here is an interior pic i have of the 56 merc...bob

Attached Files:

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

COOL RAY. If I get the chance I should go by my friend Gary Discos house th take some shots of the well known Fabian Continental 48 Chevy built by Les Cove in the 50s. still has the original Andy Suothard stripes and scallops. REAL NY/NJ gem! Also with the passing of Russ Grady,maybe his Herb Gary built 57 Olds will reemerge from the darkness. Unfortunately it wuold now have the glass roof and the handicapped hand railing on the sides.

27. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I got the joke,Mr.Caan.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I Mr tollbooth [​IMG]

28. 00 - say hi to gary for me. Haven't seen him in quite a while.

29. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Fabian Continental 48 Chevy built by Les Cove in the 50s. still has the original Andy Suothard stripes and scallops. REAL NY/NJ gem!

Wasnt the interior of that Chevy gutted in a fire years ago??

30. 00 MACK

00 MACK