Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 00 MACK, Nov 23, 2004.

1. laidoutford

laidoutford

That blue car is either a '55 or '56 Oldsmobile. Look at the dash and the windshield...

2. [ QUOTE ]
    here ya go White..i stole the pics from ebay a while back...not the prettiest thing in the world, but an old custom none-the-less...bob

[/ QUOTE ]
    That almost looks like Sonny Venuti's old 56 Merc from Massachusetts,but I thought he said it was headed for Puerto Rico.The radiused rear wheel wells and the green paint kind of mark it as his.He owned that car since it was new(got it for his 16th birthday)and has been done over many times.His brother sent me a magazine article on it dated 59 or 60.i'll have to find it.

3. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

thats exactly whose car i was thinking too. Ill ask my stepdad tommorow, he should know. Ive seen tapes of that car driving at a old show its sick. Any body have any pics of lenny legures stuff? his shoebox is my favorite custom ever. Ill see if i can get some pics of it. Nate

4. Hey Nate:
    How are you doing?I haven't seen you posting much these days;are you back to school?I was going to try and get up to see my friend Richard Henderson in Alton this year but we never made it.I think his wife Marcia worked with your mother once upon a time.Hope all is well with you and the family and maybe we'll see you next year.
    Ray

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That was at a dealership in Bridgeport, Ct. it looked much better when I saw it, might still be there.

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

This is great!! Keep them comin. I am sick of primered 4-doors called old customs. Dont get me wrong , old cars are cool, but I wanna see actual old customs.

7. Sailor

Sailor

That green Merc must have been a nice one in its day.

8. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i love to see what is left of an old custom...........tooo bad any of the work they did back then rotted worse then anthy thing done with out wld threw prime or under coat.

9. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Ron, I like the junkyard pic. That custom should be saved. The 57 Oldsamino is kinda white trash cool. Also looks like maybe and Edsel hardtop in the back ground with it's trunk up.

10. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

hey ray, im doing fine, im back to school right now, im a senior so its all good.. ive been spraying flake almost every weekend now so im getting pretty good at that and my striping skills. Ill ask my mom if she remebers that name. We have to find some pics of lennys stuff to put up here. Nate

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

[ QUOTE ]
    ...the junkyard pic....looks like maybe and Edsel hardtop in the back ground with it's trunk up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the white car with the trunk that's not flat...that's a '58/'59 T-Bird, look at the roof line, Edsel never made a roof like that...
    I cannot tell what the car to the right of it is tho...it's not an Edsel either.

R-

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]

I guess it is saved as I now own it [​IMG]but I still have no clue as to its history [​IMG]work will start next winter.

koolkemp

13. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here are the most recent pics I know of for the Ralph Ferks Olds. It is Missouri now and I think it is for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems like there is a lot of stuff missing but the body looks like it is in pretty good shape.

B [​IMG] B

14. oddrod

oddrod

some one should hit up tommy herrera ( ex-roadzombie living in arizona) i sold him a verry early bill hines ranchero before i knew who built it. it was called pleats a plenty i believe. tommy i want my car back! stevo

15. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

odd rod, i remeber seeing that car in a paso robles video i think. The car was red and was really cool. Nate

16. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

I just got in(for a resto) an actual Westergard car! Its a '41 Cad with '47 front end and rear bumper and '48 rear quarters, and flush fit skirts and also full fade-a-ways, chopped and a Carson top. I will post pics sometime this weekend when the wife is around to help me...I am not real computer smart...Yes its real its owned by Missouri collector, he has some Barris stuff and the R&C Dream Truck also.

17. [ QUOTE ]
    Yes its real its owned by Missouri collector, he has some Barris stuff and the R&C Dream Truck also.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - Like we don't all know who you're talking about [​IMG]

18. [ QUOTE ]
    Wonder where this car is today?It's supposed to be in a garage somewhere in Massachusetts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attached Files:

19. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    here ya go White..i stole the pics from ebay a while back...not the prettiest thing in the world, but an old custom none-the-less...bob

[/ QUOTE ]
    That almost looks like Sonny Venuti's old 56 Merc from Massachusetts,but I thought he said it was headed for Puerto Rico.The radiused rear wheel wells and the green paint kind of mark it as his.He owned that car since it was new(got it for his 16th birthday)and has been done over many times.His brother sent me a magazine article on it dated 59 or 60.i'll have to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Sonny and Vito have 56's? This is from the 64 program.

Attached Files:

20. [ QUOTE ]
    thats exactly whose car i was thinking too. Ill ask my stepdad tommorow, he should know. Ive seen tapes of that car driving at a old show its sick. Any body have any pics of lenny legures stuff? his shoebox is my favorite custom ever. Ill see if i can get some pics of it. Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked for Lenny's shoebox? Here's what I have.

#1 Springfield Autorama 1960

Attached Files:

21. #2 Hartford 1963

Attached Files:

22. #3 Hartford 1964

Attached Files:

23. Where is that shoebox now? It was one of my favorite customs as a kid. I didn't like the rear end treatment, but loved the front and open wheelwells. I think AMT must have copied the front end treatment on their 50 Ford ragtop model kit. Nutz

24. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

the lenny legere shoebox fucking RULES!!! i like it with the victoria roof best...

25. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

its pretty mild, and i don't know any history on it, but its obviously an old custom...anybody know anything about it...bob

Attached Files:

26. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

front...

Attached Files:

27. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

yeah mang that box is pretty cool i kinda like it with the carbs stickin out...dont see that in kustoms too often, pretty radical, i never seen a chopped glasstop merc either...imma do the same but without the vic post...i wish

28. Muttley

Muttley

[ QUOTE ]
    Did Sonny and Vito have 56's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sonny was shot and killed on the causeway '47. [​IMG]

29. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

bttt thanks for the pics of lennys cars. They are my favorite!!! Nate

30. glassguy

glassguy

seeing that made me go watch that movie again nate!!!!you should get one for ray!!!