Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old custom....Tell me everything you know about this one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelsrus, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Yeah, too bad it's not a shoebox Ford, or Merc, 53-54 Chevy, or something else we don't see everyday. If Barris did build that, it's one of the better looking ones. Except for the Grecian of course, or the Golden Sahara, those were top shelf.

2. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

1953 Buick Roadmaster headlights, I know that much.

Still really ugly. Should've left the Buick headlights on the Buick where they belong.

3. Fitzworld

Fitzworld

I think this car is almost as pretty as the that radical 47 four door Studebaker that George did in the 50s. What was it called, the Phonecian or something like that?

4. ChicagoSlackers1

ChicagoSlackers1

Thats a one of a kind ugly but totaly cool car. Keep it alive.

5. Ugly car but I'd drive it and hold onto it without changing anything to keep it how Sam built it for history. Hell ever see my post of my 46 Chrysler Windsor business coupe that is 3 windows? Looks ugly as hell but that is why I like it. Everyone asks what they hell it is and has never seen one. It's different. The front end of course like everyone has said is HUGE and much too wide and flat. The contours do not fit the main body or roofline at all and the rear is too choppy and boxy.

6. mvford

mvford

the car was built in 1954 for a guy in Fresno. The front end you all think is original, is not. The 59 Ford tail light / headlight rings were added in the early 60s, and the decco grill was added 40 years later. The original headlights were where they are now, not sure whether they were originally Buick or Stude. It was in several mags in the 50s. So look in your old mags. It may not be as pretty as yours , but it gets more attention. It was originally a dark blue , with a cloth covered top. Contact me if you want to sell a old mag. picture.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Don't get defensive man, it's a car, not your wife. I wouldn't mind owning it, but as it is I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing "Ghostbusters" yelled at me three times a week when I drive my rusty 59 Chevy station wagon, I can't imagine the comments I'd hear with your custom.

I'm glad she still lives though.

8. Crankhole

Crankhole

Not that it adds much to the discussion, but I spoke to the curent owner last year at Vegas as he was loading it on a trailer. He had just bought a "Barris" custom and was going to restore it to it's original design with Buick headlights. He was excited about it and I was happy for him.

9. 41woodie

41woodie

I'm sure that most of you are aware that China is paying top dollar for scrap metal. hint, hint!

10. So, you probably won't get much for that woodie.

11. loggy

loggy

pretty sure that Jay Dean once briefly owned this car in cali......certainly looks the same ride. I like it,you'll never see another....;)

(some of y'all might recall jays' shoebox..)
    [​IMG]

12. HAHAHAHA nice one!
    Hell man, if you like it, that's all that matters. No matter WHAT you have, there will be those who WILL and WILL NOT like it. I think the history is what makes it whether it's ugly or not. ;)

13. yup, me too.
    of course, I'd take it, I've taken ugly wimminz at times too:eek:

14. Janne

Janne

Old photo found :D

Attached Files:

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

You are one sick,.... talented individual ! :D

16. tomcat46

tomcat46

:DJanne, Idaho plates of that vintage were dark green with white text.:D

17. hey didn't you touch up the Lee Harvey Oswold photo too.?

sam was shorter than that!

your very talented ..

18. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

They generally weren't stamped backwards either. HEE HEE!!:D

19. I agree, that is very well done. Shadows are perfect.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I just love a thread that won't die. I'll just add a quote from someone with real insight "Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone."

Frank

21. Janne

Janne

Thanks for kind words. That was really quick photoshop, I only used about 10 minutes to it. It's not perfect but fun. :)

22. i have photo shop but it did not come with instructions :confused: .. hopefully someday i can do shenanigans like this too

23. 55fordwagon

55fordwagon

ugly cars need love too.

24. OR IS THIS THE REAL THING:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. chopdtop

chopdtop

Damn you are good! Can you do a quick 10 minute photo shop on my latest project? It's a chip foose barn find! He did it when he was a kid! Proof is in the pictures!

I'm going to make steel body panels and rivit them together, full fenders that cover almost 3/4 of the wheels, a duvall windshield and gloss black paint!

But I don't know what kind of nose art to put on it yet. :confused:

By the way I kind of like the car in question.

Attached Files:

26. Ebert

Ebert

Damn that is funny...I am on the ground laughing my ass off......

27. chopdtop

chopdtop

BREAKING NEWS!
    I found the mock up picture for the P-32!!

Attached Files:

28. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

a little imagination and alot of weed and it will be fine,looks unfinished and does look like a kaiser with sqare windshield...always remember some of the ugliest kustoms where considered kool then

29. Janne

Janne

Without license plate and Sam little bit smaller :):

Attached Files: