Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Cars Weekly Article on Hot Rodding '12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yutan Flash, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Any body else see this? I was reading the January 5, 2012 Old Cars Weekly last week and ran across the article "What's Hot In Hot Rodding" for 2012 by editor Angelo Van Bogart. Interesting to me was the "what's hot/what's not" comments/predictions, including one that the "rat rod" fad was pretty much dying out ("[Rat Rods] are built to get attention and the trend is dying very quickly" was a quote from a rod builder from Ek River, MN) along with "wagon/big wheel" rims also meeting the end of their run (I can only hope!). Further into the article were comments that "traditional" cars were en vogue ("I am seeing more desire to have a 1930's car than in the past...I think that might be a revolt against '50s' cars"), along with using vintage engines for swaps versus LS-1s, etc. In short, all the things the HAMB embodies, at least in the writer's opinion, are more mainstream than ever.

I did find one guy's comment pretty curious, though: "Nobody has called me about a top chop in a couple of years...I think people also realize if you chop the top, you can't sell them." Anybody think that's true (present company excluded, of course)?

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Chopping depends on the car. Now what that article should address is the 90's street rods slapping on a set of WWW's in an effort to hop the traditional band wagon. Really tired of seeing that crap.

3. Fenders

Fenders

If you exclude present company you are left with the tuners and muscle car addicts...
    Of course a chopped traditional will sell !

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Well, either don't look......or call your legislator and lobby for a new law prohibiting anyone having 'taste' for anything you don't like.

And, no, I don't have one of those cars...my reply is based solely on your narrow minded, intolerant attitude.

Ray

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Cool your jets, turbo. I don't need to contact anyone in regards to my right to voice an opinion. But... you try and have a nice one. Okay?

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Merely suggesting you give the same right to others you are claiming for your self.

Floyd R Turbo