Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Car Movies ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsanchez, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Larry T

Larry T

Mick, are you talking about this car? It's from the same movie, but not Mysterion (which I think is referred to often as the bubble top car). I'm not sure if it's a Roth car or not. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's a Dean Jeffries car (Manta Ray, maybe??)
    Elvis and Ann Margret were in Viva Las Vegas.
    I believe "The Shaggy Dog" had an old style highboy roadster in it.
    "Eddie and the Cruisers" had a couple of 57 Chevy convertible scenes that were ok.
    "State Fair" with Pat Boone racing something?
    What was the movie that they drove some Cobras and wrecked a Daytona coupe in?
    Off to build headers,
    Larry T

2. Splinter

Splinter

The King in "Spin Out".....

3. I just ordered THE DEVIL ON WHEELS, 1947

I can't remember when I saw it last... but I do remember that all the Hot Rods were Highboy roadsters and there were some great street racing scenes.

Can't wait till I get it so that I can refresh my memory.;)

4. Larry T and 56Kustom, thanks. Yes, you are both right on the Manta Ray call.

5. SuperMan

SuperMan
    from Anchorage

Hello all, I can't recall the title of a movie that I saw along time ago, but it was about this racer who died doing a chicken run, but his girlfriend at the time was pregant with his kid and after some year, he comes back as a ghost to help his kid, I just can't remember the name of the movie, I think it began with Q, but I'm not sure.

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

"Heart like a wheel" the Shirley Muldowny story......... "Eat my dust" Ron Howards first movie, "Hot Rod" was great, and there was a good street race movie in the 80's with a 57 chevy hid under the high school football field but I dont remember the name.