Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old car commercials..Do you remember

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

hahaha! I have a post card with Lawrence Welk in front of a red 61 Dodge.

"a Dotch for every crotch":D

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the only one of merit I actually remember is the 68 GTO "enduraschnozz" and some bald guy hitting it with a hammer.

4. was she the one on the Jan and Dean Little Old Lady From Pasedena Album cover too?

5. I've been looking all over youtube for that commercial with no luck!

6. i think it was a 2 part commercial they bought in the 1st one it was stock and the kid brought it home all souped up i think it even had open headers when i talk about that commercial people tell me i dreamed it i am glad i did'nt dream it alone

7. whid

whid

you're right on the 57 chev part but it was a Gulf station.kid asks for 25 cents worth of "good gulf" (which was one of their blends) then starts talkin to his girl about how good the gas is,she then kicks in another quarter.he tells the attendant make that 5o cents worth of good gulf..................dave

8. oj

oj

My favorite tv ad isn't all that old, remember the VW ad showing the sonic image of the kid in the womb hanging a gear? 'Drivers wanted' ad.
    A written ad that has stayed with me is from '62 showing the new ford galaxy with the 406, 6bbl carb and race tuned suspension, the ad went on to say 'go ahead try that washboard turn at the end of the straight that is driving all the sports car guys nuts.' I always wondered how many crashes that ad inspired? A 62 ford in a four wheel drift with bias ply 'o' rings for tires? Now thats scary, what were they thinking?.

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Was it Vic Tayback that played the Dad in the Kit car wax? I think he says; "It's a jalopy".

The Diehard commercial; The Dad's car won't start. He walks back in the house and embarrassingly asks" Son, may I borrow your car"? The kid throws the keys to him and says "put some gas in it".

10. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

11. axe grinder

axe grinder

Thanks Little Wing.....that Gulf com. was real funny back in the day,still is!....they hadthose magnatized plastic horseshoes to stick on your car. remember when?

12. Ramblur

Ramblur

The blown Javelin ended up in my hometown. Belonged to a guy that sold
    Jeep parts and had a large collection of rare AMC stuff.He passed years ago
    and the collection scattered. I'd love to find that commercial tho...

13. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

The hot rod Javelin was also used in print ad's in various magazines. The car was alongside a stock Javelin. They used the same words in the ad as the tv commercial. The dad stood alongside the stock one and the kid was standing next to the blown version.

14. Klattu

Klattu

I very much remember that AMC commercial...maybe saw it only 3 times...but is etched in memory.

"I didn't butcher it...I improved it"

15. i always liked the gto one...rear shot of GTO ideling..voice over..."GAS, TIRES AND OIL.........." gto bustes ass out of site...

16. Ramblur

Ramblur

LOL. Monkey see,Monkey do. That GTO commercial with guys lined up to
    baseball bat the rubber nose got my little brothers ass beat when he tried
    it on moms Oldsmobile...

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

18. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Lark Cigarettes had a station wagon painted like a pack of Larks they would drive down the street with the loud speaker saying show us your Larks.We had a buddy that worked at the record shop at the mall on saturday we would go ther to check out the chicks and play the new records anyway we are leaving walking to the parking lot when here comes the Lark car ..show us your larks..well showed em our "Larks" and hauled ass our buddy said that security had our pictures larks and all we had to stay out of the mall the rest of summer

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have got to thank all the guys that posted these commercials ! Damn they bring back some great memories ! I remember many of them very well . I did go through ever one of them too ! I still think the Road Runner was one of the best slogans ! Dodge had some great ones too ! Is there a DVD that has all the car commercials on them ?

20. How about the cop with the mirror type sunglasses..."yah in a heap of trouble boy" Mopar commercial from the seventies. "What's that thing got in it, 440 with a six pack and a slap stick." The seventies version of "that thing got a hemi in it?" I can't remember if it was a Dodge or a Plymouth commercial and the only reason I problably remember it at all, was cause I had a 71 Cuda at the time with a 440 with a six pacK for a while about the time the commercial was running. Role model for Bufurd T. Justice and come to think about it, Jackie Gleason may have modeled his character around the commercial as it predated Smokie and the Bandit. Never thought about that before.
    Was it a Dodge or Plymouth commerical?

21. Yeah, the 55 Kit wax commercial and the good Gulf commercial should be on youtube, they were classics!

22. Those were cool. Dave Deal called it GULP on his cartoons and the old Revell kits:)

23. I think you're right about the two part thing. I forgot that. :rolleyes:

24. There was an animated Torino Cobra commercial Where you see the WB Road Runner go over a hill in the desert, "Beep beep" and the wheeled cobra goes screaming down the road after it. They are both out of sight and then you hear the road runner squawk like its been caught by the Cobra and and an explosion of feathers. No more Road Runner. Looked on youtube but no luck.

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here it is, this one is going to be around as a favorite for a long time. hey is it me or does that potato head look a lot like Dennis Gauge? at least the stache.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE1HeVRmioM

26. That makes it even funnier:D

27. i think it was in the late 70's or early 80's maybe later purolater filters had a 32 roadster with young guy a laying on the running board with his hot girlfreind cleanning the car i was able to get a poster calander of it i think it was during nascar races

28. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Not a car ad but there was one with a sonogram of a baby and it was acting like it was driving a stick. I think it was an oil or oil filter ad.

29. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Yup "give me 55 cents of good Gulf"

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

that would have been the white knight, cledus maggard and the citizens band. white knight was a huge hit. he used to pose as a trucker on the cb,and when he caught you he would alsways say that.