Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I have a 1968 Security cabover. It has stove,icebox,propane heater,port-a-potty & queen bed & closet. It has 4 hi-lift jacks & is in need of repair. Has not been used for 16 years.FREE you read it right FREE just come to Vale Oregon & load it up. I won't hold it as I'm selling my place so first to come gets it.
    You can call me @ 541-473-2086 or send a PM.
    BOB

glenn33 and loudbang like this.
  2. camper 13.JPG
    camper 7.JPG

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  3. Had mine in Charlotte @ the Autofair a few weeks ago. Much better than sleeping in a truck

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Was this at the swap meet or Goodguys? HRP

5. This was at the swap meet. It was hotter than seven hells in that bowl.

loudbang likes this.
  6. No lights on the camper but lights on the tree next to it will have to do this year
    [​IMG]

7. Brenda made the wreath last night and hung it this morning,she has some more decorations in mind. HRP

005.JPG
    007.JPG

8. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Just returned from Disney with the Airstream
    4,200km round trip with a one year old and a 3 year old wasn't my best judgement.
    Need to build a hitch for the '54 wagon once I get the new y-block built.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Looking forward to see the wagon hooked up to your Airstream. HRP

10. This thread was started in 2009,how many of you still have your campers? HRP

11. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

12. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I wish I had one of these 1950,s willerby vogue caravans. Made in uk 115 made around 5/6 left/ known. I know where one is but the guy won't sell. Straight outa the jetsons

rjones35, Frogz, rramjet and 7 others like this.
  13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I've probably posted photos of our "old" trailer, the '46 Manor, but it's been replaced by the "new" one, a '47 Spartan Manor. Still being towed by the Tin Woody, and our '48 Diamond T 201. Stay calm, and trailer on. IMG_0060.JPG

14. Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  15. butch70462

butch70462

we have J F Kinney Caravan Cub old camper, need info about it any pictures to help restore ,have only found one picture any information would help thanks Butch seems to be rare

16. Looks like it wouldn't be super hard to reproduce in fiberglass? Do it like Ed Roth built his cars (wood base, sculpt foam, cover in plaster of Paris, pull female mold, make trailer). Yeah, it would be a lot of work, but you would have a mold to repop more at the end (or not, if you like the exclusivity of it). Yeah, it wouldn't be the real thing (and we're kinds a big on that around here! ;-D ), but with only six remaining, there isn't a real good chance your going to end up with one of them. Personally, I wouldn't duplicate it exactly, just close enough to be a tribute to the original.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

brEad likes this.
  17. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

These days the "easy" way to make something of fibreglass is sculpt it in plastic foam, cover with fibreglass, sand and paint. You can leave the foam inside or carve it away and just leave an inch or 2 for insulation.

I put easy in quotation marks because it is easy only in comparison with other methods. Do a search on Youtube, you will find some construction videos on non HAMB approved vehicles.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Drug this home yesterday, WWWWWWHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! 1959 Forester, Basicly bought it for the frame, windows,Hardware and title. Plans are to junk it and start from scratch, Framing a new shape. IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG

mctim64 and loudbang like this.
  19. Looks like a good project,you might get some motivation and inspiration from Larry's site. HRP

1959 Forester rebuild.
    http://www.cannedhamtrailers.com/59foresterphotos.htm

20. Still have mine but it's stranded in Wendover. lol

loudbang likes this.
  21. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yes sir, I have seen that. Im going to shit can this canned ham and start fresh. I want more of a teardrop shape. BTW how long is your trailer Danny 12'?

22. Yeah,13 if you count the tongue.:D

I'm sure you will build a killer piece if the deuce table is any indication of you wood working skills.

Are you a member of the camper social group? if not please join,I would love to follow the build. HRP

23. Picked up this '59 fireball a few years back. Wife was ok with it as long as we made it "not ugly" so the neighbors don't complain...
    [​IMG]

Lucky for me she was willing to help with the labor of stripping the multiple layers of house paint and graffiti all the way down to bare metal.
    A month later and one windy day in the driveway with a harbor freight HVLP we ended up with this:
    [​IMG]

clunker, i.rant, jimmy six and 6 others like this.
  24. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I am not a member of the camper group, where do I find that? I would like to do a build thread on this but dont think it would be permitted. Thanks for the compliment on the table, Im a self employed finish carpenter by trade and am known to be anal retentive so this project is the best of two worlds for me a bit hot roddy and a bit woodworky.

25. Clik

Clik

26. Wow! That camper is very nicely integrated with the vehicle.

slv63 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. guffey

guffey

28. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

1959 Shasta not so much a camper because the previous owner took out the kitchen you can still sleep in it but it also serves as my rolling office/ "command unit" P9130016.JPG P9130017.JPG