Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Thanks for the info LN7. We're a good way off from pulling anthing
    but her own weight but, it's never too early to plan.........

2. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I have a new love for the shastas.. I really like the 59 in this picture.. What a great way to spend family time..

3. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Flyin Brian, that would be the American Truck Historical Society In Kansas City. Thats our general manager Bill Johnson in the overalls.
    I didn't know he had a trend but he's always picking something up.

4. chopo

chopo

big ugly. big block with 32,000 miles. gotta freshen the brakes and re-due the interior. very solid with no rot. not "OLD" but hey its 41 years old:)

Attached Files:

5. Chopo, I had a "big ugly" '78Travco290 for a short time. Badass coaches.....
    didn't have it long , sold it to a young fella who said he was gonna chase
    NASCAR with it............

Attached Files:

• T3.jpg
      T3.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
    • T8.jpg
      T8.jpg
      File size:
      40.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

Saw this one abandoned.

Attached Files:

7. screwball

screwball

Around here they are like old cars only abandoned until some asks about them.Then they are loved and cherished antiques worth more to the owners than any sane people could ever imagine.

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Same out here, there was a free Tandem axle early 50's (I think) Spartan... it was free till I tried to snag it...

But I was just given a 1961 Ford motor home for free... the only catch is the previous owner wants to keep the low mile Y-Block... Still grabbing the rest of it though

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. Here's another "HAMB Friendly, Traditional Camper", to get back on the right side of Pre 64. Let's not cross the line everybody. This is a good thread, which borders on O/T, so please don't mess it up. ;)

Attached Files:

10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

We lived in one my dad made just after ww2,so have fun looking at photos,thanks guys.

11. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Current pics of our 53 pontiac housecar. Cleaned up and added 53 caps and fender skirts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I remember seeing a LOT of Caddys converted into campers in the '50s and '60s -- some done
    well:), others, well ...:rolleyes: But I never saw a Packard camper.:eek: Hemmings' Daniel Strohl (all
    Hemmings followers know this prolific car journalist) reported the '48 below in May '10. Rob
    Holcombe of Berekeley ran across it by complete chance while wandering in Nevada.:p
    Readers said it appeared to be homemade and used a Shasta trailer body of later vintage.
    Wild to look at, eh? Not MINE, but I wish it were!:D

[​IMG]

13. Now that I need to pull the Uni and the Alaskan I needed a little more power than the '58 and the old Y could provide. Here's our "new" (lol) F-350 maybe not as cool as the '58 is but we still have fun with it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. My new acquisition from fellow HAMBer Jason. Picked it up the day after Thanksgiving, so I had my own "black Friday" of sorts! Towed this home nearly 200 miles and everything went great! The red wheels and the tires on them were on the trailer, thankfully. Plans are to re-do it, top to bottom. Had one in the mid-'80s that I regretted selling the moment it rolled away.

Pics on his ad here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644021&highlight=teardrop

Attached Files:

15. ^^^^^Cool!^^^^^^ Love those "Teardrops"!

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Very cool !Lets see some pics of the inside. I would love to have something like this...I found a really rotten 55 Chevy 2 door wagon and have been trying to talk myself out of getting the fron half of it (it will never leave its tomb in 1 piece) to stash away for a future camper project :D

17. cadams311

cadams311

1965 shasta

Attached Files:

18. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Neat, I saw a photo of that one online years ago.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

what you have there appears to be either a early shasta or an aloha travel trailer. the interior looks very similar to the aloha i have. mine from what i figure is a late 50's aloha.

20. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

What about the Bomb Fried Pies??

they are really cool people that go around to the cars shows and 1rst Monday out here.

Attached Files:

21. Just got the teardrop back from a buddy of mine. He helped out in the kitchen. Finished blasting and painting the frame, replacing the wood floor, fixing some of the aluminum structure, now time to wire it and get it ready for a Calif trip behind the Merc!!!!

Attached Files:

22. Let's get really "Traditional"!:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  23. koolkemp

koolkemp

That is gonna look great behind the Merc Ether !!

24. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

This is what Im talkin about ! ! !

Attached Files:

25. my wife and i just returned nov 27 after spending the month of nov. in our 1970
    scotty sportsman.(like the one in post #227 but without the windows on roof) left vt. nov. 2 and took our time traveling on I81, I85, I77, I95, I10, and I75 before arriving in port charlotte, fl on nov. 17. left after thanksgiving and headed back north. passed a hot rod shop off the interstate in gaffney, sc. saw some more rods the farther south we got. passed a terrific looking red diamond t pickup pulling a 5th wheel on I75. got a lot of thumbs ups with the scotty. good trip but didn't take long before we felt cramped for space.

26. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i really want to find one of those alaskans for my '67 f100. they look like too much fun.

27. Too bad you're so far away, there's an 8'er that I know of out here for $400. They are fun! ;)

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oh man. i really wish you hadn't told me...

29. derbydad276

derbydad276

hey mctim64 how about a bunch of pics of yoru alaskan I wanna try building my own

30. What pix do you want? You can see the inside at the beginning of the thread. I don't have pix of the frame work since I didn't build it. I'm sure you can buy one cheeper than building, I see them all the time for $500-$1000 in pretty good shape. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X3FLie_WhrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011