Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Boston Strangler Dragster in maine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SWAMPDONKEY, Jul 5, 2011.

1. stitch1943

stitch1943

I air brushed that female, that was a long time ago in the garage that keith had in lynn. It was across the street from Louie Dropskey garage, he had the 61 corvette gasser, that he towed to the drags with another 61 corvette. I guess those days are gone by.

2. Hi Steve:Ray Smith here.I saw the name Lou Dropsky and had to comment.I had striped those Corvettes for Louie many years ago.I remember them well because he wanted both of them striped identically.That was fun.I think I was using Rustoleum at the time and their white didn't cover worth a damn.
    I remember meeting you one night at the convienience store in Wakefield when I was living right around the corner on Cedar St.Didn't run into too many stripers back then.

3. lawman

lawman

Great story and picture's.

4. stitch1943

stitch1943

Hi Ray:

Thanks for the come back, I just finished putting a new rag top on a 1929 roadster pick
    up that you striped for Christy back in the seventies. it still looks great! I hope all is well with you.

Steve

5. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

was karps car called the graduate?jack? [​IMG]

6. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

7. 32dreamer

32dreamer

Lotta great pics in this thread.

8. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Great thread. Love seeing stuff from N.E. Thanks

9. Church Key

Church Key

I never saw this car first hand, it may have been called The Graduate, a very popular movie at the time. That looks like Arnie standing next to the car as someone else fires it up on the rollers, a ritual I miss now that cars are mandated to be self starting. I met Arnie in 73 when he started hanging around with The Boston Strangler C/D. He would eventually become the driver of the dragster when Glen Hayes left the team. He had success with the second version of the Stangler, and that would continue when they switched to funny cars.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. farrigno

farrigno
    from mass

any updates???