Register now to get rid of these ads!

Okie Junkyard for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod1940, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Mozes

Mozes

Maybe I Can Buy It With My Good Looks And Charm.

2. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Definately the same bunch of cars.
    I'd love have that 34 vicky! There's a 41 Nash coupe in there that's cool. My Dad built one of those years ago...what a bitch to find parts for!
    I see a pile of parts that equals our main man Ryans 38 convert dream project in those photo's too...
    I'd bet the real offer their looking for is about $500,000 at least. I just bought a lottery ticket for tomorrow night (125 million). I will buy it all if I win!

3. Thats amazing!!!

4. zues

zues

Alright lets pitch in 500 bucks each and when we get 1000 people we make an offer. Seriously I'm in.

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeah, till you buy the place and find that 999 of the people want the deuce 5 window!:D

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A salvage yard in Fayetteville, Arkansas was bought out by a company in Kansas City that buys junkyards and crushes everything, then recycles the scrap and sells to China. They paid the 80 year old owner of the yard over a million dollars for his junk.

My guess is that the owners of this yard in Oklahoma think it's worth that or more. It will be interesting to see if car people get it, or scrap recyclers get it. Here in Arkansas, old yards are disappearing very rapidly.

7. That place would salvage out at over a million....he knows that!

8. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I truely impressive amount of tin. Just thank God some ding dong isn't crushing them out for a penny a pound.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Maybe they just don't want to see all of the stuff go to China after Grandpa held on to it for 50 years!
    I can't believe they'd go to all the work transporting all the stuff to another location, and advertise in Hemmings just to sell it for scrap.
    They probably want to sell it all as a lot because they don't want to field 26,000 requests to sell the 32 5 window for $1,500, then get stuck with no one interested in the 37 dodge 4 door.
    I'm unfamiliar with the soil in Oklahoma. Are the bottoms of this stuff completely rotted away after sitting in the dirt that long, or is it "dry" dirt like in the southwest parts of the country?

10. Its about 10 cents a pound here. Maybe more there..

If I could buy that place for $500, 000, I'd sell my house, all my shit, my 1/2 of my business TODAY.
    As long as it can still be a wrecking yard.

11. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Thats what I asked em, whats the zoning on the property and whats around this place. I cant believe it that a Hamber isnt right around the corner from this place. Im in for the $500 so we only need another 998 guys to pony up! I say we make it the $500 buy in and then what ever you want and call dibs on sells for half of a reasonable number . All moneys to go into escrow account. Once the 1000 investors take there pic of the litter, open it up to Hambers only at reasonable numbers, still puting it in escrow. Do this for 6 months. Then open to regular schmucks at ebay prices, for another 6 months. Then sell off the land and structures, divy up the balance in the escrow acount amongst the 1000 "investors" . All will make a good return on original investment! Some will also benifit by getting the car or parts they have lusted after for years.

12. Ramblur

Ramblur

My experience with OK is that it was pretty damn
    friendly to old tin. Of course I moved there from OH so it may
    be all relative if your from AZ. The "mother load" I remember
    was in Talequah owned by some guy named Spears. Last I
    heard was that its a subdivision now.:(

13. studhud

studhud

In the last post on this yard they were going to have an auction? What happened to that? Are they selling it whole or are they letting some stuff go now? It seems like the pulled all the cars out of the bushes and relocated them? A hamber local to there has to know something. LTR Dave

14. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

I don't think $500k would buy that place.

Second...anyone see anything odd about this??
    [​IMG]

15. litemupok

litemupok

well i emailed them, and told them i am a entreprenuer who had some investors who were possibly interested. ( i might actually...) i asked where the yard was located and they said they didn't give the location out that easy b/c of theft. I was at work when they called so i need to call them back. i'll keep ya posted.

16. docholiday72tx

docholiday72tx

If we can get enough people together to invest in the yard, you can definately count me in and I don't even want the Deuce.
    Mike

17. Kustm52

Kustm52

Vintage trailer light hookup...

Brian

18. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

This Is Better Then Sex. Count Me In I Have A 48' Trailer And Can Do Some Hauling.

19. docholiday72tx

docholiday72tx

I also own a 48, flat bed trailer as well as a freightliner. I'd have no problem at all doing some hauling.
    Mike