Register now to get rid of these ads!

Okay wheel freaks....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

....can any of y'all ID this one? Kind of a laced flat plate looking deal, but are they cast that way?

I've stopped thinking I've seen every kind of MAG wheel, pin drive wheel out there.

Attached Files:

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Click on the pic....picture is not the biggest, but what I can see is 6 thin, flat kidney-bean cutouts alternated with 6 more on the backside.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think I have seen this in late sixties Hot Rod nags when they still 1/2 a shit about circle track stuff. I think it was connected with WELD wheels befroe there was a wled wheels. I'll look it up if I have a chance.

4. Clark

Clark

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure they are Kenny Weld Wheels. The car belongs to a friend and is in my driveway :)
    Clark

5. Yep Greg Weld out of KC missouri had the weld wheels Co for years/now gone...

6. while on the subject of wheels not being ID'ed what are these?[MAGNESIUM].....And yes they are knockoffs and this is the front side....

Attached Files:

7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wow...that be it.

8. hillsmith

hillsmith

Choprods
    Check out PS Engineering (Phil Schmidt). Look Like 63 Grand Sport Wheels to me. I had a set on my 69 Corvette, not quite period correct but they look right.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

See - and you thought I was a complete moron...

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Not completely, Chip!

Next question...what are they made of? Obviously it starts as a flat plate and every other tang is pushed forward or back and welded to the hoop.

Love the look.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Made by Halibrand, I think. Also on the back of the first year Lotus Indy cars.

12. If they are kenny weld wheels or even weld wheels they should be aluminum centers welded to a cold forged rim. They sure look magnesium but I don't know that he ever built a magnesium wheel.