Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. 5window

5window

The Mad Wabbit was nose art for my dad's Hellcat in WWII. This is a cel done for him by a friend who worked for Warner Bros. circa 1944. Bugs Bunny gone viral.

2. countrysquire

countrysquire

A picture of my ass-engined kraut burner from my auto detailing business card. A place holder until I get a bit further along with my '32 build.

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

I wanted a picture that described me. Although I have yet to be as perverted as old Captain Pissgums.
    Silm

4. you either get mine or you don't

5. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Me in my project A. All i need is a chassis and some powertrain.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I cruise by that intersection when I'm buzzing around town in my T Bucket!:D When did they close?

7. Mine is pic. of my model A pick up that was in the local news paper. We put on a little car show at an old diner in my town and I was the last one there. The diner was actually closed but the owner wipped me a burger.

Heres the article from the news paper;

The Brownsville Telegraph: 7/17/11 On Sunday, 7/17, Fiddle’s hosted its first annual car show (sponsored by Drifters Car Club). Although we arrived a little late, we were able to capture the above photo, which has tapped into quite a bit of nostalgia for Brownsville natives.

8. This is my first 32 build which took 7 years, two engines, so many problems I can't even begin to tell. I love it and drive it as much as possible until the next problem ....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. pimtina

pimtina

A young and handsome Nick Cave.:)
    << Mine is a quick photoshop of my Mk1 Cortina project.

10. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

I guess a while back. I had not been over there in a while and a couple months ago I went by and the whole strip center at that intersection had been redone...there is still a bar there with a name having to do with the railroad or railroad tracks because it sits right next to them. Anyway, the sign was gone...

11. rld14

rld14

Champagne Yellow. Nice :)

I have a T2 coupe.

12. billysguitars

billysguitars
    from east texas

there is an interesting video on the web of Steve McQueen and a karate buddy of his shooting Thompsons out in a desert. Sorry I don't have the link handy. Billy

13. countrysquire

countrysquire

Thanks. Champagne yellow with green interior. Sounds hideous, but it works in a '60's kind of way. I love the T2s, they were certainly the best looking IMHO. The plan for my '32 is to paint it Aquamarine Blue, a '56-'57 color and use red speedster seats with oatmeal colored square weave carpet.

14. Ain't that right.

<------My ride until the C-10 is finished......then my project.:D

15. Tommy R

Tommy R

About a year ago I was in Montana for an OT event. Some locals recommended this steak house out in the middle of nowhere in a nearly entirely abandoned old mining town. The steaks were great! When we walked out, I spotted some old iron rotting across the street. My buddy snapped the pic (w/o me knowing) with his iPhone. I thought it was just too damn cool looking.

I think in the avatar it looks little more dark/menacing. In the fullsize pic, you can see things more clearly, including (unfortuantely) our rental cars! :eek:

[​IMG]

16. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

On the road to Texas, stopped to get a picture of a beautiful sunrise. The camera loving hotrod got in front of the camera

17. silversink

silversink

The pickup(1948 International KB1) was bought by my Grandfather in 1948. I learned to drive in this truck while working on the farm he had. It was passed down to my uncle who used it on his farm untill passing it down to me. I have had the truck since 1982. I drove it with the stock engine until last Oct when it got an upgrade of an eng and trans. out of a 77 GMC that i drove for 20 years. I tend to keep a vehicle for a while.

18. 52RAM108

52RAM108
    from 76564

It's the '52 Dodge pickup I rescued from the crusher...I had tried to buy it from the same salvage yard eight years earlier where it was stacked on top of a Tradesman van, but told it was sold on two separate occasions by two different guys. The body was mostly straight until the buck-toothed gent running the forklift bounced it, the passenger door flopped open, and the whole truck slid into the loader bulkhead, distorting the door somethin' fierce. He then flipped it into the trailer and drove off...not even a "have a nice day" out of the ol' bass-turd for mashin' my treasure. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, it'll be a daily driver someday with one of the Dodge flatheads I have sitting around and parts from this'n that...for now, it's gonna be called "Frankenstein"

19. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

I used to have a photo of my car but I changed to Marty Feldman since an eye problem manifested itself. I have Myathenia Gravis. It affects the nerves that attach to the muscles around the eyes causing slow eyelid movement and eye tracking. No cure just medication that tears you stomach to pieces. No time to feel sorry for myself so I thought Marty would give everyone a smile!:D

slack likes this.
  20. BelAired

BelAired
    from Canada

Lumbergh "thaaaanks a buuunch"

The jerk boss from office space which is my favorite movie

21. Mine is right outa the 1954 WILD ONE...
    Brando is a tortured soul and Mary Murphy is drop dead beautiful. Couldn't stop myself...

22. haroldsrodshop

haroldsrodshop

My Buick before the project started... Ill update the avatar it when its painted and pretty.. which will be soon... i hope:D

23. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

What he said.

24. jchav62

jchav62

<--------------------- Usually it's just different versions of my '62. Sometime archive pics of it, current pics, and now it's a photoshopped version.. I have other vehicles in the 'fleet', but since '62' is in my screen name, the '62 is usually in the avatar...

25. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Pontiac man all my life. I turbocharged a '73 Trans Am but sold it. Now I'm building a twin turbocharged '63 Pontiac Catalina. I wanted to draw a warrior head but wanted to incorporate a turbo in it somehow. So I made it a skull of a warrior, morphing a turbo and a skull together. The ear is the turbo inlet, the neck is the turbo outlet, and the feathers denoting a warrior. Overall I'm happy with the drawing but if I use it anywhere I want to fix the proportions of the lower jaw. It's just off a little.

[​IMG]

Mark L

26. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Who doesn't feel like that sometimes :p

27. just taking a tt truck for a boat ride

28. upspirate

upspirate

Just one of my past rides....totaled in an accident in 1991 or so....:(

29. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

it was the ebay pic of my 35. It didn't sell complete with the flat head and such so I called the guy up and struck a deal for all the body and frame parts he had. Still the best pic I have of it.

30. KIRK!

KIRK!