Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Cargo

Cargo

I keep changing my Avatar! Every time I find something cool, or funny....Anyways, there's some very cool Avatars on the HAMB. I think some of you got some splaining to do. Whats the story on yours?

I'll start with my current one, I have posted it below because it will most likely change again soon.
    This is a promo shot that came from the archives of a television station that I worked for years ago. I just was going through some stuff and thought "Hey, Grenade Inspector".
    Just in case your not an old fart, or never watched Nickelodeon, Its Maxwell Smart from the original Get Smart series.

Attached Files:

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. 61falcon

61falcon

its my car. i built it, im proud of it so i made it my avatar so everybody has to look at it.

Jerrybigbird likes this.
  3. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

My wife's truck right now but it changes periodically...

My explaination is that I like the picture and it seems to fit in with the HAMB.

4. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

No splanin' needed...just my car. It's what it's all about right ??
    "Missed it by that much !!" Barbara Feldon was Hottie.

5. Bilt

Bilt

Mines a fiberglass T body which I got for helping a buddy move. It's the first paint job I ever tried. I got bored one day and put it over the tree in the back yard and there it sat. Not worried about it rusting away.

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

senior portrait

oneratfink57 and M1Lover like this.
  7. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

It's the newest project , ugly but I like it. I'm having fun.

8. <-------a picture of me :rolleyes:

Actually Kirk! had a thread with a bunch of avatars.....and what's not to like about a well dressed gentleman with a Thompson submachine gun.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Durbinspeedshop and M1Lover like this.
  9. afaulk

afaulk

The cockpit of my only HAMB friendly car (at the moment)

10. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

<----- One of the best TV shows ever!

doug j likes this.
  11. slowforty

slowforty

Mine kind of explains itself

12. Just an 8 yr project I finished last November..

clem and 701 Driver like this.
  13. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

<- I wish.....sigh.

14. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

A bored airbrus painting i did in december... I need to do another one and change it...

15. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Atribute to Walt Kelly, a wise man and an observant social commentator. And much like myself not politically correct even in his day.
    I like a lot of American tradition besides hot rods. Guns with walnut stocks and shiney barrels, furniture made from wood that a human actually touched, people that spoke their mind with no apoligies, and comic strips like Pogo, Alley Oop, and Gasolene Alley.

Atwater Mike and slack like this.
  16. Back in the nineties we did a lot of paint designs and showcars for BASF and my 55 Tbird had the first flip flop in the Florida area. I didn't like flip flop as a full paint job, but it really looked cool in scallops.

17. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Not really noteworthy unless you know the backstory: The cars themselves are just my Mustang and my brother's Model A at a car show about 3 hour south. My brother is a paraplegic and the car was built by him, my Dad and I and various friends. It gets driven plenty to various shows, to the drags and to take his kids (he's a single parent as well) to school and sometimes just for the hell of it. My car was built 100% by me and while it may be not be HAMB friendly, I make no apologies to anyone for it, I'm pretty sure I put more miles on a Model A pickup than about 99.9% of anybody alive back in the day so I've earned the right to build what I please. The day was great, we left at 5:00 am, and saw the sun rise on the way down. Then on the way home, we saw the sun set. My brother and I don't get to spend much time together these days, and this pic was taken late in the day. It makes me smile to remember it every time I see it.

18. Royalscadillacs

Royalscadillacs

snapped this pick from behind the wheel of a 55 Cadillac driving on I75 one day a few years ago, I guess I was trying for a point of view shot, one of my favorite pics

19. <<< I thought this guy was a family member when I was growing up.

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Simply put, I like flames.............

21. SLCK64

SLCK64

Just a true statement...

22. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Well, ya' see, when a young Boy starts to come of age.......................

23. firingorder1

firingorder1

Mine is from Bonneville a couple of years ago as I started a run. I was very happy with 126 out of a 30 c.i. single on gas.

24. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

<------

Whats not to like about a wizard, throwing the rock and roll sign while driving a flaming trans-am through the night sky with a licence plate that says "nofatchx"?

25. Mine is the first sign i uncovered, while stripping paint off my 30 Model A truck.
    Theres another sign under this one, but they will be getting taken off, when it comes time for paint.
    Of course, this is my avatar On 28th Feb. 2012. It could change at any time.

Edit: Its now Model A bling. Its the shiniest part on my pickup.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  26. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

40 Ford Woody I found while driving with a friend out in the hills. Cows were literally walking through the middle of it on their way up the hill. My friend couldn't believe I was so excited over a piece of junk. I made a bet with him that it would be sold before I got it hauled home. He was with me in the rollback when I made the call. I sold it before we got home. The car was very rough, but it helped another HAMBer complete his project.

27. Cerberus

Cerberus

Hey! I earned mine in Basic Training. Knew it would come in handy.;) Got a few others too dangling.

28. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

<----My first finished car. It was my daily driver and race car till it was stolen from work.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Candy Barr. Infamous stripper out of Dallas, TX! Google her story and her pics. (a little fur, in one of 'em:eek:) She had quite a life.

dan c and slack like this.
  30. It started with a 1923 license plate a buddy found when we were young and slowly turned in to a car. I didn't want to build it but the parts just kept piling up.
    [​IMG]