Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Ok, so maybe video games aren't so bad after all!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amsvette, Jul 4, 2016.

1. amsvette

amsvette

image.jpg My 14 year old was glued to the Xbox all weekend. I can play for a short while, but I don't get the fascination of playing games all day. He had been playing a game called Midnight Club Los Angeles when I had gone to do some projects. I kept getting, "Hey dad, come check this out!" Throughout the day. When I was finally at a good stopping point to see what he wanted, I was blown away at what he'd done. In this game you can street race and win money. With the money you can buy cars and upgrades. You can also paint and modify your cars. Well, he got the bug up his fanny to recreate one of his favorite Hot Wheels. He won enough money to buy a bone stock, baby blue '55 Chevy. He then painted it gold flake, tinted the windows yellow, added big and little Torq Thrusts, wide white wall tires, and a nose high stance. Very, very cool! Did I mention I love this kid?! I didn't have a problem with him playing video games for the rest of the day after that.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

It's a start! Get him in the garage, he'll need to know how to ACTUALLY build something someday!

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

never know where you will find some cool car related stuff

4. Happy 4th everyone!That is cool, and I'm on the pc right now myself. But my concern is this. Now days if I want to draw a Hot rod, I don't need a pencil and eraser. I just push a button. The same for sports , why play with dad when they can push a button and play with the stars. Why take a road trip with the family, when at the push of a button you can go anywhere you can think of. I probably sound like a old fart. But I still like reality best. Please don't get me wrong, the op is very cool . I like the 55, a cool kid, and with great taste too. Ron...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016

5. I bum around and play vide games every once in a while. I might put in an hour here or there, but I can't sit and play for any real length of time without getting antsy.

Either way, there's a sequel game called Mafia II. Basic premise is you're working your way up through the Mafia ranks during the 40s and 50s. There's one mission where you have to steal some cars to settle a debt. I was pleasantly surprised when I played through... (not my pictures)
    DLC_greaser_2.jpg hotrod.jpg

I always wondered what HAMBer was involved in graphic illustration for the game...