Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok so i need advice..........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MEDDLER1, Nov 3, 2007.

1. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I Just Put An Edelbrock 750 On My Motor And At First I Had A Problem With The Idle,it Seemed To Be Way To Rich No Matter What I Did,after Checking Fuel Pressure I Found That I Had Almost 8 Pounds At Idle!(way To Much I Know)so I Put On A Regulator And Dropped It Down To 5.i Reset My Timing Advanced It A Little,put The Air Mixture Screws Out 2.5 Turns And Reset My Idle........now It Runs Killer At Idle Fuckin Great When I Hammer It(not Lean One Bit)it Pulls Strong Through All Rpm Ranges,,,now Heres The ?only When I Make A Left Turn Or Stop To Fast The Bitch Bogs Down And Dies.w.t.f???!!!yes I Reset The Floats They Are Set To Edelbrocks Specs,i Have Done Plenty Of These Carbs And Never Had This Happen Ever!!!!!its Mainly When I Turn Left And I Have No Problems Turning Right.what Do You Guys Think?

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

3. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

Carb is mounted standard, not rotated at all, right?

Can you get away with 3.5 - 4.0 psi and see if it still happens?

4. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

yeah it is mounted standard i wasent sure if i could get away with the lower pressure.im using the holley red pump so iam wondering about volume with the lower pressure.but what the hell i will try it tommorow.

5. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

I've had this problem with needle valve sticking on right hand turns, remedied by a couple gentle shots of carb cleaner, but that was on a used older carb.

Suggested fuel pressure because there might be just a little too much fuel sloshing around the bowl to have an effect at stops and sharp turns. I'd try backing off a little at a time.

My .02 cents, good luck.

6. 1Digger

1Digger
    from Virginia

I had this happen, or similar anyway, on a 289. Turns out the motor mounts were weak. When I turned, left especially, it would bind the linkage and cause all kinds of wierd stuff. Took a while to figure that one out.