Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OK,Mopar guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 6, 2017.

1. If you're going to mess around with an early hemi you might as well get a blower too. They respond extra special to blowers - more so than other designs. Besides What's cooler than a blown hemi?

Die hard mopar guys are their own breed for sure. Nothing else like them and takes me less than a 1 min conversation to spot one. :)

2. 327Eric

327Eric

I like all cars. I have owned mopars, fords,Gm. studes, amcs. Kaiser, willys, many at the same time. I love chevy,
    small and big block, b and rb chrysler . 351 cleveland ford engines and 455 buick. I have never sought out a specific make or model. They all found me.

HOTRODPRIMER and ChaosActual like this.
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Had a few Chrysler products and would have another if one came my way,looking to build another car for my long distance travels and will look into a Mopar.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. If the right set of circumstances fell in place I would love to have a 1932 PB Plymouth Coupe,they are one of the nicest looking 3 windows ever built. HRP

MoparTobi likes this.
  5. gene-koning

gene-koning

There were other cars made?
    I'm a Mopar guy, but I have had the experience of working on other brands (20 years as a mechanic) and I can assure you each brand has their good points and their bad points. With a Hot Rod, we are suppose to be able to take advantage of the best of everyone, but few do (including me). Mopars have worked pretty well for me in the past, I see no reason to change, but along the way I'll use a few parts from other manufacturers. Gene

30dodgeboy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Danny, I also was thinking "what about us Mopar guys", but we now have that sorted out. I must be Mopar through and through, because I have never thought of owning anything else. I would take a certain 31 Chrysler though, racer-x ya listening that is a great car.

racer-x, MoparTobi and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. ChaosActual

ChaosActual

I've owned a bunch of different cars. My DeSoto is my first mopar. That said, I've always been a ford guy as currently I daily drive a 06 F350 and or a 14 focus st. Depends how I'm feeling that day will determine which car I leave for the fiancé. I've also owned a few toyotas.

I would love an original model A or a custom line with a flathead.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. pre '65 Hamb friendly only cars please. HRP

9. LOL I wish it were not sometimes. I got two friends that have MOPARs that I wish I owned. One is an OT B/B block dart and the other is an all original B/RB 4speed mid sized car.

I am really not an early hemi aficionado ( but I would run a 426 if I had one), but I do have a sort of a soft spot for the Red Ram ( I love the underdog). There are a couple of MOPAR engines that I have always been drawn too, not a simple build for sure, but I like the tall deck 383 and the 413. And I really like the very early Darts when they were still a B body. Like this Black one.

[​IMG]

That still don't make me a MOPAR man just an odd duck.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I have gone from brand to brand. But all had to be hotrods. Manual trans, biggest engine I could find. I've had everything from stock model T's to corvettes to GTO's and back to model T's. I am currently into 62-65 b-body mopars. I find the mopars easy to work on and maintain and the bolts don't twist off in the clips also. :D I would like to have a Model A roadster pickup with a blown 427 side-oiler in it though.:cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Or a SITTING DUCK like the Bedard print. :D HRP

[​IMG]

12. I would be happy with a medium rise 427 and no blower. But I am easy to please. :D
    I did own a '56 Plymouth Savoy post car once, someone had stuffed a tall deck 383 3 speed in it. I liked it real well. No one suspected it. LOL

I am actually more of this kind of duck or so I have been told.

AngryDonaldDuck1.jpg

studebaker eric and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3 Mopars 3 340's 2 318 Poly's (1=402) 1 331 Ind. Hemi.
    And i crossed over to
    3 Model A's
    Ducks? I called him Stuart Duck.
    Stu.JPG
    412038-1347065985-721b6a3020fbb233cfbca8dc748b33fc.jpg

gas & guns and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I have never seen the sense in being a one brand stooge. Practically all cars have some merit or interesting feature. Those who follow my postings know I am a Mopar guy from way back, and may be surprised that I have a 42 Chev in my driveway right now. I like the Mopars for engineering, the Chev for its style and comfort. I could just as easily defend Ford or Cadillac, or for that matter Packard or Nash. On the other hand I could find fault with any of them.

If you stick with one car or one brand you are missing out on a lot of interesting cars. I feel sorry for you but, what the hell. Live like you want to live.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  15. Well said. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Beaner, that Dart is so damn ugly you just have to like it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Beaner, before I build a roadster pickup, I have to finish these two.

Attached Files:

18. Rusty,the way I see it is basically what do you prefer?

I like a lot of different cars but which brand do I migrate too,invariably it's always the Fords,lake any other mark there are so many versions and models to choose from and in my case the FOMOCO brand was much more affordable that the Plymouth's and Dodge's of the same era,

Now if I ever hit the Lottery there will be a plethora of non ford makes in my huge warehouse that will also have to wait for that Lottery winning. :D HRP

19. cars are like ducks, the ugly ones are the best.

I actually had a '64 440 post car that I really liked once, but the '63s or the '64s both do it for me.

wraymen and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Mopar's
    If I have to explain it you'll never understand.

MoparTobi and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Gotta love those max wedge cars. HRP

22. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Why limit yourself?

Even the ugly ones look good with enough make-up...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was an older guy talking about what you could 'transplant' (make-to-make) and what you 'couldn't'.
    Now, these weren't 'physical' constraints, just old hot rod 'rules'. I understood, as I am old, and having been "into this" since 1954, was an ardent believer in the hard-and-fast rules laid down by stellar scribes on the sacred paper contained in HRM and the 'Little Pages'...
    Anything GM could be swapped into a Ford chassis. Ford engines could NEVER be swapped into GM chassis.
    Chrysler packages could be swapped into Fords, not Chevies. Chevy and Ford engines were to be kept out of Chryslers.
    There were rules.....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. There was a guy here in own that had a Vega with a FE engine,a lot of people questioned his sanity but that car was fast! HRP

25. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

To be fair, the rules made sense if your aim was to improve the car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Makes perfect sense to me, and I'm semi-old..

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Allow me to play on Alfonso Bedoya's quote from the movie "The treasure of the Sierra Madre" HRP

[​IMG]

28. I've got no dog in this fight, I'm a total car slut.
    Love em all, American cars that is.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Todd's Rod's

Todd's Rod's
    from MInnesota

ok let the blood letting begin! I have a 57 FORD Ranchero with a 360 4 speed MOPAR engine and transmission. runs great more then enough power and it fit my budget. So who gonna scream the loudest FORD guys or MOPAR guys my daily is GM IMG_0691.JPG