Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok brain fart big time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rowdy_one, Feb 25, 2011.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Come on dallas! I'm seeing a non bra wearing hippie chick inna white tee......finish ur story! Got my pants off and everything! You should see the way these assholes in walmart are lookin at me!

2. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Yes she got pissed, No midnight madness for me that night.:(:(:(

That was a fun little car though.

Then there is the story of when I drove that little car thru the doors of the airport terminal down there, and into the bar, when they had a bar in there. No one ever matched me on that one, because no one else had a small enough car to go thru the doors.

HellRaiser

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Don't wanna make ya sad, but I was told tracys getting married! Hope it was a dream, but I don't think so.....sorry buddy! I'll findja a new one in wayland!

4. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Get me one with some of her teeth left.:D

HellRaiser

5. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

In the army we had blister bags, they worked on the same principal.canvas bags that was sayed would keep water cool. They didn't work eather.

6. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

I always heard you filled them with ice or dry ice and the air moving through got cooled by the ice never heard the hay deal

7. hotrod al

hotrod al
    BANNED
    from phoenix

Its too bad that some of you have your head up your ass. This man ask a legitimate question. If you lived here in the southwest, they were very much appreciated when you were driving between Phoenix, Az. and Blythe, CA. Swamp coolers (filled with excelceor made from aspen trees) in a netting made from cheesecloth and filled with water or ice. Some had electric motors that plugged into the cig. liter, others by wind and were usually very effecient. The canvas bags (mada by a co. called Navajo) filled w/ water and as you drove, they cooled. You then had drinking water as well as for a boiling radiator. These weren't glamorous accessories but survival methods. These are nostalgic pieces and make a hell of a lot more sense than skulls and iron crosses.

8. hotrod al

hotrod al
    BANNED
    from phoenix

Will some of you get you heads out of your ass and stop being wise guys. This man asked a legitimate question-not for opinions. Yes, these were swamp coolers that had cooler pads in them(filled with excelceor[from aspen trees] and wrapped in cheesecloth). You then filled them with water or ice. Some had fan motors while others turned in the wind. They were very effecient and almost a necessity between Phoenix, Az and Blyth, Ca. in 120 degree temp. They only work well in low humidity. The canvas water bags on the front of the car not only provided cool drinking water but were literally a lifesaver for boiled over radiators. These were never meant to be glamorous but are very useful and nostalgic. They beat the hell out of all these useless skulls and iron crosses that serve no purpose.

9. David Chandler

David Chandler

Maybe you could mount them on the trunk, and tell people they are jet engines?

10. They were always mounted on the passenger side because no driver would want damp air that smelled like lawn trimmings getting his hair wet on one side of his head. That's what I remember.

11. nexxussian

nexxussian

Tom, good to "see" you. :)

I had forgotten you had one on youur Ferd. ;)

I've been thinking about a '53 Bel Air, hence my possible interest in one (quick N Dirty build, maybe with the 235 still, if we were in UT, NV, South ID, TX, or AZ pops would melt without something, so...).

12. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i got one that is way better than those, its late 50 early 60s, sits on the hump with adjustable legs, has a fan you plug into the lighter and runs a small pump and a place for ice that will hold a couple of cold ones.....works pretty good on a hot day andwon`t mess with the looks of the car, and traditional.....and i remember the thermadors on ebay were going for like 20o to 500, i paid 26 bucks for this one....

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Not my cup of tea, but certainly authentic.....
    And if someone has that period car, hey go for it.....
    Looks great with curb feelers, plastic wind defectors on windows and hood, etc.
    Also a rare accessory...

On edit.....those old canvas bags worked very well. When I was a kid we crossed the desert many times (always at night due to heat) in a '36 Ford, and had them hanging on the front...as stated in a post above, the water was cooler to drink than without them, plus yes, they were also a life saver for the radiators !!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  14. aaggie

aaggie

I think the proper term would be "evaporative coolers". They did work and the canvas bags filled with water hanging on the front bumper was another desert crossing accessory that worked. The wet bag with air passing over it would lower the temperature of the drinking water in the bag. Not cold but cooler than a canteen.