Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

I'll try Slim! With traditional Hotrods and motorcycles racing on the beach it's hard to not get a good pic!

2. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Hell yeah! Cant wait!

3. lorodz

lorodz

Since its a new beach can I run my car .
    Just sayin

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

Is the Allenhurst race dead?

5. So, are the permits just a formality? Can I book a room?

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

Awesome, can't wait!

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

bullshit!!!!!!!!!! that's the day I get married !!!!!!!!!!! dam it all. #@$$%$^%^&#^&%^&^&*$^%^&^%&#%#%#$#@#@#$#@#!#%^&&^%$#@#$%^&

8. skryla

skryla
    from Brick, NJ

i feel your pain - that is the weekend of my 25th wedding anniversary!

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

If she is to be a great wife you guys will do it on the beach before the racing starts.

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hahahaha!:D:D:D

11. I'm with Choppy, if she really loves you we will do this shit on the beach. Or else!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

We're in! Speedster project ahead of schedule - and THAT'S a rare thing! :-D

13. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

with 3 days, will there be more entrants admitted? I'd like to sign up for either bikes or cars....hard to decide which...

14. There are so many variables at this time I really shouldn't confuse anyone.

As of now Wildwood is holding those dates for us to use. Permits need to be granted and approved so we can officially say it is on and how we will organize.

We do have a back up city if this doesn't work in Wildwood. We do believe we will work it all out. Stay tuned as a thread will be started when finalized.

I hate to comment as of now and confuse anyone. 4,5,&6 are being held for us. It is not a 3 day event yet.

The idea has always been to leave the race on the small side to better curate it.
    There will be a much better structure this year for more action and better safety for us Oilers!

As some of you know, I use to run rock and roll shows in my area. The idea is to have a bunch more gatherings outside the show for some in town cruising and back and fourth driving for some more R&R. Early in my hot rod days I hung pretty hard with my Beatnik pals out in Paso Robles every year. Those were the days! Bouncing around town to different venues meeting up with other car clubs, making friends, bird dogging, seeing dirty rock and roll, watching cars and bike coming and going. Ah, heaven. Austin is just as sick! My only other favorite hot rod past time is camping out of a hot rod in Sweden or Germany. A bombers and the Hot Heads East show are as good as it gets! For years we Oilers have had big dreams for exciting weekenders to come. Boner material! Haaaa!

Ill for once keep quiet until they solidify a little further.

Stay tuned for a 2nd Annual thread to come.

For now, if you have a traditional built hot rod with pre war and post war power, send an email to me at [email protected]

We are hoping to see some more Gow Jobs, Models T's man. Where are they? Lots of pre war A bones, and we will consider the more modern ohv ( early 50's) if we get some bitchen entries and can pair up some good races. The same goes for bikes.

Stay tuned!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. Dang! I saw the "mark your calanders" for Wildwood on the Race of Gentlemen Facebook page yesterday morning. I quickly PE'd and booked a room that is not fully refundable if I cancel.

So, lay the charm on thick to get those permits. That is a badass venue!

16. Koz

Koz

I agree, Wildwood is the best spot on the Jersey Shore for this event. Two weeks before is the Fall Wildwood Boardwalk run, which we always attend as a reliability run. And two weeks after is the fab 50's Weekend, which is more music and customs but some rods. How good does it get. For those who haven't been there, the Wildwood beach is almost flat and about a block wide or wider at most areas and several miles long. There are unlimited funky 50's era Motels and the place just loves motor events. Great food and reasonable prices as well.

17. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Anything new here?
    There are so many new HAMB posts that if you miss a day a new post might end up on Page 5 before you see it!

18. We have great news! Stay tuned, new thread coming... By end of week.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

19. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

Hey mel nice 36 you were driving along the beach yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

The end of the week has come and gone, sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for the update! :)

21. There is officially a new thread, check it out for details!!!

22. There is officially a new thread. Check it out for full details for the Oilers cc 1013 race. Get some!

23. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

24. ELD

ELD