Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. sinticket

sinticket

I will be there! Thanks for putting this together. Sounds awesome!

2. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Just let me know what you need mel

3. I need some more bad to the bone cars running, anyone?

This got a haircut for the race today!

Attached Files:

4. I had to watch my son. So in another day or two,another inch will come out. If not more!

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

gonna do my best Mel!!! maybe I'll get the bug again!

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Mel, the south will rise again. Just kidding, May have to make another road trip. Sounds like a cool idea, and have it penciled in on the calendar.

7. The bug never leaves! I too thought I was over it recently. Its that Indians fault, ha...

I ordered the parts I need to fix my 32( babbitted caps). Bout time! And then put some other things on the back burner and whacked that sedan yesterday afternoon. A nice severe chop has got my panties back in a knot I tell ya. I can not stop going out to the garage to look as this mofo. I'm back in!!!

Im not done cutting either, I think another inch if not a 1 1/2, or two.

Make it down bro with brother Jeremy!

8. Do it Andy! Do it!!!

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a mean haircut.

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

sweet, if anyone can pull off a cool show around here its gonna be you. lookin foward !!

11. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thats what im sayin! ill have to hang 10 with my new 10' 1959 velzy

[​IMG]

12. You get cooler all the time Pat, I was sure that wasn't possible. Hahahaaa

13. Thanks Pat! This should be a good one.

I've have yet to get pics of the bikes running or cars that will be in attendance. But I have seen a bunch of them, and or heard some stories. Bad ass stuff! And the setting will be perfect.

14. great I wont be alone in the water!!..Mel if you need help with any thing please hit me up!!!

15. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

lol

16. tuki

tuki

I plan to be there and get this stuck in the sand.lol
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1343005483.890655.jpg

17. Tuki, can't wait to hang man.

Your hero Ari will be Dj'ing the night before at the pre party. So we will get to hang finally.

Sand is going to be pretty tight. We got a plan, and some serious equiptment. So we shouldn't have any trouble. But hell, I like getting outta trouble just as much as getting into it! Life is more fun when your living on the edge.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I'll bring my '35 maybe but it would just act as a shovel if I try to drive it on the beach. Damn it I need a fenderless car!

19. Tuki, email me a nice pic of your car and the build stats on it. I need to log all the entries in. You'll also need to choose a # for the car so we dont have duplicates.

Little Kevin is back from Germany, my faithful apprentice. So we will be adding to our Motor Speedway zine if anyone remembers it. We last did those antique drags a while back, and will be chronicling our new adventures on the beach. We will also have stats on the cars with details of drivers in the zine.

Look for those old time posters too! Can't wait to get working on this stuff. Soon!

DRIVERS, get me your info! [email protected]

20. I have to get over there so I can show you all the scene. Just been too busy lately. I should have been out the door an hr ago.

There will be a sweet spot for period style cars and bikes in the "pits" area. So if you don't race the 35 Jeffery, it will sure look good in the pits, right on the beach!

21. ELD

ELD

Wow, did you see that crazy Daddy-O dressed in black surfing on that 10' 1959 velzy?
    [​IMG]

22. tuki

tuki

Ok Mel I'll try to email u tonite.is this pic on here ok.or I can grab some more.

23. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

lol easy that aint my wet suit, is just a shirt i kinda grew out of .

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  24. sawzall

sawzall

[​IMG]

i suppose I could show up to help move surfboards around ;-)

either way.. I hope to be there in the pits to see this event!

25. Jeff, that woodie of yours will look sweet near the dunes! I need to get a good camera so I can take pics of the beach and pits area.

What a show this will be!

26. Here is another motobike entry.
    I'm waiting for better pics of the race submissions before I post them all here.

This is just a teaser for now as its just a crappy pic.

So many bikes like this one get stored away,thankfully we now have a reason to dig them all out. This one has been hiding under a staircase in a house for too long.

Let's get ready to rumble!

Attached Files:

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Have you nailed down a date yet?

28. Ha, I just found this old video we made. Kind of fitting for the beach race! Pretty soon we will get back to making all this fun stuff!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NQmHLFJSfQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

29. I think October 19, 20 or 21. It will be a two day event, just not sure if it will start on Friday and go till Sat, or start Sat and go till Sunday?

I'm thinking Fri and Sat, give everyone Sunday to get home or rest back up.

30. Clark

Clark

How about a Y block powered 34 roadster? Hope to have my car done by mid september at the latest. Would love to run it on the beach.
    Clark