Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oil spewing from the breather

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greasy50chevy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

Howdy Gents,

Just got the new 235 running like a charm. Drove it for bit yesterday and popped the hood to take a look and there was tons of oil all over the place. It appears to have spewed from the breather on the valve cover. I ommitted the down tube during the build and added the breather up top instead. Should I seal the top back up and run the tube down below? this thing must have some intense oil pressure to have caused this. Its a 62 block running 54 heads with an Offy dual intake.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You need to either put the road draft tube back on or do a search on adding a PCV valve. That tube that you tremoved was there for a purpose. It created a small vacuum pulling air into the breather on top. Now with no airflow the gasses come out the top. There are plenty of PCV posts on the HAMB do a search and be prepared to read a lot.:D

3. Add the down tube back where it belongs and it should solve your problem I would think Air will come into your breather and out your roaddraft tube like it was intended.