Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ohio Upholstery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am in Central Ohio and cant find any good old school upholstery guys. I have three hot rods and all need interior work. Anybody?

2. metal man

metal man

Good luck. I'll be interested to hear if there are any. The one I used and recommended quit doing it and got a real job. There's got to be some around here somewhere.

3. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

Danny Jones on Eakin road in Columbus. He's the best I know.

I don't know the shop name, but I'm sure you can find it. Maybe something like ATech??

Hope that helps

4. metal man

metal man

Joe flowers still had his shop in Hilliard in the 90's, but I'm sure he has retired by now. He was a custom builder/upholsterer from long ago.

5. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Adkins in Trenton Ohio. Does great work!

6. metal man

metal man

Traditional stuff? Got anything other than a last name? Thanks.

7. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Thanks for the tip! :)

8. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had A-Tech do a couple of jobs for me-a complete custom 63 Galaxie interior and several repair jobs. He's on Eakin Road just off of 3C. He has a brother on S. Glenwood Ave. a few blocks south of Broad-I can't remember the name of the shop-he's a little more expensive also. alex

9. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

HAMB member Skipstitch is in Lancaster Ohio. He does great work.

10. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I heard he quit? The problem I am running into is one guy was a chain smoker and smokes in customer cars while working on them (not in mine). Another was a year out till he could think about it. One was located in a high theft area and he moves cars in and out when working on them. One guy was old and couldnt do one of mine because it has a roll bar in it. I can go on but I keep hitting dead ends, I have tried a half a dozen shops within a 60 mile radius. I just want a simple rolled and pleat or tuck and roll, and not have my car for months!

11. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Is Danny Jones and A-Tech the same? Both were mentioned on Eakin Rd. Thanks for the tips.

12. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Look up Shawn Appleman,Lancaster Ohio,Bought a 32 p/u his dad built,He did the int,It was perfect,I saw other cars he did,all perfect! Lucky

13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Top Stitch Upholstery in In Plain City/Dublin.
    Give Joe a Call 614-873-5566
    7350 Industrial Parkway Building N
    Plain City 43064
    Real Nice Guy used to have a shop in Cincinati
    KK

14. metal man

metal man

Yes, he DID great work. He is the one I was talking about that hung it up. He did my '40 in a traditional style with leather and I am still happy seven years later.

15. 41 C28

41 C28

Schnetzer's Auto Upholstery since 1967 in Fairfield, Ohio.
    513 476 8124

16. Not quite central Ohio, Portage Trim In Ravenna Ohio, just east of Akron. They do excellent work. Drove four hours from Buffalo to have them put a new top on my 41' Ford converible. Very happy with thier work. www.portagetrim.com, 330-296-5511

17. Senior31

Senior31

I don't know how far you want to travel, but I couldn't find anything around here. The last one I had done was by Krist Kustoms in Fort Wayne, Indiana. In my opinion is the best in the area. His website is WWW.kristkustoms.com
    he will also come to your place and do the work in your garage.

18. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Go into Amish county and ask around. A friend had an Amish man do the bucket seats and rear seat for his 66 Chrysler that a kit was not made for.
    Looks Factory and cost $350 TOTAL

19. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

If you are willing to travel up north to Mentor Ohio Jims is half the price of Portage and just as good. Send me a PM if interested and I can send some pics

20. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

Don't know what your budget is....
    But one of the best in the country is "Lyons Trim Shop" in Brookville, Ohio
    (also home of Brookville Roadster)
    Bob Lyons has done 3 "Riddler" winners
    You can IM me for his number

21. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

watch out for the Amish Mafia!

22. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Thanks for all the replies, let me make this clear, I am not into the high end tricked out leather bling stuff. I like simple old school interiors just like what was done 50 years ago. My cars are old school and so should the interiors, as stated before I just want simple rolled and pletes or tuck and roll type interior work. If I could find a guy to do my seats and door panels I would drop just those off and do the rest after the car is sorted out. That seems to be a no way with all the guys I have talked to. I have the seats and the door panels out now and will be for the winter.

23. Radiation King

Radiation King
    from Ohio

There is a good interior guy in St. Paris OH named Dennis Baker, Baker's custom auto trim. I've seen many hot rods in his one car shop, but I was most impressed with a '61 Bonneville convertible he did that had a factory tri-color interior, looked brand new and correct when it was done. He quoted me $1000 for black tuck n' roll seats, an armrest repair, new carpet and a new package tray in my '68 Chrysler. I thought that was reasonable considering the quality of his work. PM me if you wish to contact him..

Also, I know that he has done drop offs and mail orders in the past FWIW

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  24. Danog

Danog

A-Auto,Harvey West,Jug Street, Johnstown, Ohio. Sorry I don't have his number or address.