Register now to get rid of these ads!

ohio to sacramento ca

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratcaddy65, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

Just thought id throw this out there me and the wife are driving from warren oh across the country to sacramento ca because she got a job out there and im pumped im drivin my 65 cadillac over 2000 miles but im looking for feedback such as good areas to live around there and how the scene is any cruises or good clubs out that way ill add pics of the car i just finished soon i bagged the rear and its flat black with a blue metal flake roof and air tank also wondering how the job market is thanks for any feedback

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Ever wonder why Californication has the largest emigration of businesses out of the state of any state?
    Because even with the best weather ever it is hard to deal with an evergrowing population of illegal aliens and gangsters AND pay the tax load the soon-to-be-bankrupt state government has loaded business and the working population with in the last 4 years.
    That aside, you'll find some great folks, some great scenery, fabulous weather and enjoy your stay there immensely. Especially the 2K plus drive in the old Caddy!

3. sac is not a bad place to live man. it has it's good areas and its bad. shoot me a p.m. with any questions you have.

4. rick finch

rick finch

I live in Roseville...it's a Sacramento suburb located north & east. Job market is "iffy" at best, Calif. has a high unemployment rate. Lots of hot rod activity and racing history here...look up the local "Poor Boys"cc, they are a very active club. Welcome, I think you and your wife will enjoy it here.:) RICK

5. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

We moved to Ohio from California in 2003. Mostly because of what Pasadenahotrod said about taxes and illegal aliens.
    Don't get me wrong I love California (it's where I was born) and I think you will too so make the best of it..... maybe you can live in Nevada?

6. Barn-core

Barn-core

Hate to be a downer, but Sac. is kind of a crap hole. The job market right now sucks, and this is the area that was hit hardest with housing forclosures. On the good side though, if you're coming with cash in hand, now is the time to buy for next to nothing. If you've never been to Cali., prepare to be dissapointed. When you say California, most people thing beaches, babes, and surfer dudes, but this area is more like hot, ugly, farmland. Despite all this though, it's not the worst place to live, and there are some cool locals, and a few car clubs. It does have a pretty extensive hot rod history to it as well, a few cool hot rod shops, and Sac. Vintage Ford, and we just recently got a So-Cal speed shop. Of course though, I've never been to Ohio, this place could be paradise to you. If you're the kind of person that can make the most of things though, I'm sure it'll be fine.

7. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I love frog legs. Dusted in flour/salt/pepper, deep fried. Lots of big bullfrogs in those irrigation canals and turd farms around Sacto. Why are they so big? Because they eat insects and big misquitoes.

8. I think Merced County has Sac. beat on the foreclosuers, I believe we are 2nd to Stanislaus in that and I believe we are no. 1 in unemployment, I know we are no. 1 in running off new business and jobs...

But to the question, I would try to live as close to the Auburn area as you can, the whole area along old 49 is very cool...

9. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

thanks alot for the feedback