Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ohio HAMB'rs...oHIo HAMB Sweep?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly, Nov 2, 2003.

1. These pics of Bowmans, S&W and talking about Hog Heaven,and Rooster talking about Bob's I was thinking that the poison ivy is dying , the leaves are gone and the West Nile mosquitos are dead we should get together and do a Tinhunters deal like Lulabelle and the PA guys. Plus since Rooster mentioned the fact that Ohio guys can't plan anything has me wanting to get together for a Huge statewide HAMB sweep. oHIo HAMB sweep? Any takers? Or is everyone in the "covet thy finds" frame of mind? It'd have to happen soon cuz snow season is knockin' on the door! 'd be willing to travel a few hours for a good yard. Even if I didn't buy anything I still think that a walkthrough of some of the old yards are cool!

2. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I was at Hog Heaven yesterday, it's only three miles away. Went to Bowmans last year. I have another secret yard about 30 miles from me too, one I only show to special people, like Hamb members, but not on the internet.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm game. Not only would I love to see Bowmans again but I'd love to visit Enjenjo's secret place and the one you've mentioned too. I just need about a week and a half notice to get a day or two off from owrk.

4. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

O.K........I'm game! Bowman's is just around the corner from me,soooooo.... How do you guys and gals want to pull this off? Willy and I are game for another small cookout/get together if'n ya want. We are booked on Nov. 15th(my birthday)but the 16th or the 22nd would work for us. Let's go for it,Just let me know how many and what date is good for you all.......Denise?????

5. I guess that Rooster was correct when he said the guys from oHIo can't plan anything!

Jeeze the GIRLS from Michigan are more into it than the Guys from OHIO???Don't take this in an offensive way Denise. I think its cool when the girls come out to play.

I actually talked my wife in coming to a swapmeet with me. It rained the whole time we were there. Now when I want to go she tells me "GO!! but don't ask me to go. That's your thing, not mine!".

6. Rooster

Rooster

Well November is tough for me. Family Birthday's and Birthday Parties abound. Anybody wanna shoot over here this weekend or have me your way, it'd be cool!!! I've got it open! Gotta get a Real early start here though, Sat 9-12noon only at Bob's and it's 100+acres of walkin through the woods to find anything. Kinda gotta have an idea and a plan in advance but I mostly remember the inventory I've found so far... Bring a camera! It doesn't have to be a big deal event, just a bit a junkyardin...!

7. I guess I must have had a case of "Premature postation" [​IMG] (Bob Dole has the same problem) [​IMG]. I'm in for either the 16th or the 22nd. I've got a maybe from two lurkers in my 'hood. Lookin' forward to doin' this, can't wait to meet other HAMB'rs and checkin out bone yards too!

8. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

I vote enjenjo shows us the way to HIS secret yard....I've been to Bowmans, it's getting pretty well picked over,not to mention the prices are a bit steep on stuff.

9. Ditto on the Enjenjo! We could hit two yards that day...the one 3 miles from him and the one that is 30 miles. It's a couple hour cruise over to Enjenjo for me so now we just need a time and a date!

10. beatnik

beatnik

Forget about Bowmans place. The sons who are selling the stuff aren't car guys and they think everyone is trying to rip them off, so they price the stuff using Hemmings. Most of the stuff has already been picked over and the stuff that's left is over priced.

On the bright side they do have a lot of original metal, and it's definately makes for a cool place to visit, just don't plan on leaving with you're dream project.

11. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

"I vote enjenjo shows us the way to HIS secret yard....I've been to Bowmans, it's getting pretty well picked over,not to mention the prices are a bit steep on stuff."

Fine with me, but it's going to have to be the 16th, or in the spring. I am leaving for Vegas the 21st. Spring is better, the weeds get packed down by the snow [​IMG] Hog Heaven is crushing out some cars, mostly 70's and newer, but you can probably get some deals on parts on the red X cars.

12. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i am DROPPING everything i have had planned this month if we pull ANYTHING together. 16th rules for me, it's 2 days after my birthday. any other time is cool. just keep me posted, fellas. i'm there. totally.

13. I'm up for the 16th Counting myself I have 3 yes's and 2 maybes. Neighbor kid has a '74 Chevelle so he'll be lookin' for one of them Red X cars. .

14. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

Ahhhhhwhat the hell.......I'm up for the 16th........Enjenjo,how long does it take to get from my place to yours?????? Rmember,It's the day AFTER my b-day party,so I WILL be hungover......any hotels near you?????

15. Rooster

Rooster

Sunday the 16th is good for Either place in NWO? I couldn't make that Sat., but Sun is good!!! Count me in!

16. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

the 16th weekend is no good for me [​IMG] my wife is having a craft open house and I've gotta be supportive and help out [​IMG] [​IMG] keep me posted if there's a change

17. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I can arrange hog heaven the 16th, Don't know about the other yard. There are hotels here too if needed. It will take about 2 1/2 hours from mansfield. What time you want to meet? exit 52 on the Ohio pike is near the yard. I'll arrange things with Butch. One thing about Butch, he doesn't dicker well, and is easily insulted.If you try to lower his price by mentioning" they are only going to be crushed" for sure the parts will go to the crusher.

18. 201

Enjenjo-do you know the turnpike exit number for that route 52, if it's central or eastern Ohio I'll try to make it , work permitting.Too lazy to dig outa map.

19. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

It's mile post 52, SR 2, west of toledo. used to be exit 3a

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sunday the 16th, I'm IN! Enjenjo's about an hour from me. If any Michigan folks wanna meet at my place and ride together I'm all for caravaning. This is certainly going to turn out to be a cool HAMB get-together that's for sure.

21. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

rooster, man, think i could crash at your joint, or maybe throw in halfs for a room at a hotel with anybody else? i'll have 3-4 hrs drive or so. i could leave at like 4 am, but that would kinda suck!

22. Rooster

Rooster

Uh...Lemme go n ask ma wife...! [​IMG]

23. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i am totally not gonna put you out, man, if it's a big deal, i'll wake my punk ass up early and drive up there. i already owe ya and whatnot. there's 2 weeks, i'll figure somethin out, but i'm goin man, i'm goin!

24. Rooster

Rooster

hehe...Delaware George was just a funny thought I had when I read that! [​IMG]

25. fordiac

fordiac
    from Medina, Oh

i wont be going,

I am planning on going home to work on my projects...

The 16th I will be driving back to school, which is a 3 hour trip on its own...

Ive been waiting a few weeks to be able to go home again to work...
    I gotta get a break from this school stuff
    sorry

26. fordiac

fordiac
    from Medina, Oh

oh, but i will be able to go to springfield swap...

plannin on meeting a few HAMBers there,,, check this post...

Springfield swap post

27. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I need a roll call here to let him know how many to expect.

28. Rooster

Rooster

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

30. 3 for sure and 2 maybe guys.