Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oh what fun it is to ride.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Jan 4, 2019.

1. This winter in Omaha has been cold, windy and snowy. Very few nice days come along in early January here but today was an exception. This morning on the news the weather guy said it was gonna be 52 degrees this afternoon! I got off work at noon and busted ass home, fired up the 34 and it ran like shit. I got into my personal spark plug stash and began changing the fuel fouled plugs from when the carb overflowed due to crap in the needle and seat. I had 3 different styles and makes of plugs in it now but it ran good. I put a 180 thermostat in it and told Mrs Rocky I might not be home for awhile. Put some extended life antifreeze in, grabbed a heavy coat [still no door glass] and sun glasses and headed out. The Pontiac engine ran good and it was soooooooooooo much fun bangin gears in the Muncie, listening to the quick change sing. The engine ran 100% better with a thermostat in place. I wsa driving all summer with no 'stat in it at all...worked great 'til it got cold and the gauge wouldn't go up to 130...engine ran bad.
    I stopped by NAPA to click a quick photo from inside the store and got a brand new set of NGKs. Price wasn't bad at all.
    Drove to the store to grab some Diet Dr Pepper and a bag-o-Bubba's Bagels [blueberry of course]
    and swung by the house. Cleaned the garage and when it got dark I drove out onto the interstate to test out that new thermostat and my new sealed beams. Temp went up to 190 and I kept the engine at 3400 rpm for about 15-20 minutes...didn't get any hotter. Either my gauge is a little mis calibrated or the thermostat is a little off. Either way it seems ok.
    I got off the interstate and drove home on surface streets, through South Omaha. They still have the Christmas lights up so I clicked a photo. 34drive1.jpg 34drive2.jpg 34drive3.jpg 34drive5.jpg Nobody on the streets tonight. Headed home and immediately gathered up all my grease rags to wash and dry before Mrs Rocky gets home.
    The first photo shows a pile of snow still in the gas station parking lot.

Gman0046, Stooge, jnaki and 9 others like this.
  2. I love this shot 34drive.jpg

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^Rocky, those had better be burn out marks leaving the garage not entering! :rolleyes:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Huh!
    Cactus in Nebraska?

Jalopy Joker likes this.

5. raven

raven

You are a ruler!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Sweet lookin car

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

boys and their toys enjoying the ride, even if not finished

8. Yup, DDDenny. I snatched a cactus start off a Rocky mountain foot-hill side in far western Nebraska. Damn thing grows like a weed! That photo was taken last summer. The poor plant looks dead 'til May of the year. Then it blooms.
    cactus16.jpg

catdad49 and Tim like this.
  9. junkman73

junkman73

Looks like Eastern prickly pear.We have them here in Michigan.They are pretty rare but we do have them.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Good stuff! Didn’t you have inner fenders up front before? Or whatever you call those little blisters

11. I was rockin my new Jalopy Journal beanie all day...got a few compliments on it Jalopyjournalbeanie.JPG

12. ="Tim, post: 12897458, member: 10"]Good stuff! Didn’t you have inner fenders up front before? Or whatever you call those little blisters

Yeah, I took em off to repaint and refine their mounting a little better. They'll be back.

Tim likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

No idea why but they are one of my favorite parts of a 33/4

seb fontana likes this.
  14. F&J

F&J

You said a month or two ago that you would park it for the winter... Nice to see you said "F-that", and still take it out.

15. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Rocky, there is no doubt you are making up for all that time spent in the garage, make any excuse to get out there and enjoy that beautiful car, you deserve it.

When the temperature climbed to 52 the ride would be more comfortable but when the sun went down I can imagine it got kinda cool.

As the weather gets gets cooler you might need to think about putting some glass in those pneumonia holes.:D

BTW, I have been enjoying my Bennie also. HRP