Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Oh Boy, Rotten Leonard's has gone strait to Hell (Hell's Gate Hot Rods that is)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rottenleonard, May 23, 2018.

1. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I woke up this mornings staring right down the barrel of Blue One's Keyboard, where he pointed out a wrong that we were definitely guilty of. So I guess it's time to let everyone know what we are currently up to.

In the last year I have found that I have made my self so busy that I wasn't enjoying this monster I have created anymore. Trying to get employees to show up for work and work while they were here, trying to keep up with the mountain of office work all of this created and just the general hours in the day running two businesses seemed to dominate made me I realized my objective when I started out on this adventure had been pushed pretty far off course. Really I just want to be able to go create something in my shop and eat too......... So I had to find what paid the bills and allowed me the most creative time.

A few years ago I jumped threw the many hoops to get a dealers licence to help pay the bills, ran out the cars by going over them well and pricing them right.....not a salesman allowed on the lot.....and standing behind every car we sell. Fast forward a few years and we have grown a great reputation in this small town and the lot has taken off and proven very successful.

While I have enjoyed designing the parts and tools we sold as well as figuring out production, I had gotten it to a point where it was dominating all of my time just to keep up without time for figuring out new products. Basically it had turned into a job.......

So awhile back I had approached Andy at Hell's Gate Hot rods, he was looking to expand his parts business by picking up an employee and needed enough work to fill his time. I have been dealing with Andy and his awesome wife Teresa for years and I can't say enough about how great of people these two are. He will now be selling all of our products on his website
    http://www.hellsgatehotrods.com/

I want to take a moment to thank Ryan, the crew and everyone here at the Jalopy Journal who have been awesome to us over the years. I will still be posting on our projects that we are building (hopefully a lot more now that I should have some more shop time) so I will still be around.

As far as tripping over our feet with Fitnessguy and Blue One, the last product we have still for sale is our Stealth alternators and he had contacted us about his Alliance member discount and my after high school office help was trying to be helpful and referred him to our eBay listing threw my email..... not the way to do thing, but an innocent mistake. We will get that straightened out.

loudbang, brEad, bchctybob and 6 others like this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's cool, all is well. I simply wanted to point out that some of us were wondering what was up.
    Glad to hear the explanation and thanks for posting it.
    Good luck with the new direction, it's always better when it can continue to be a passion.

3. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Appreciate the honesty. Class move. Have been in business for a long time and we make mistakes too. It’s how you deal with those mistakes that counts and you’ve stood up and done just that. Thanks for the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, brEad, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

running the business side of the the creative side has bogged down and eliminated many endeavors - recognizing that things needed to change and finding a solution does not always happen - good to hear

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Glad to read all is well. Good luck in all your endeavors. BTW, your bomber seat brackets kick ass!

[​IMG]

6. belair

belair

Cograts on all of it. I love it when a class act is able to do well.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  7. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'm very glad to hear that all is well with you and that your decision regarding HGHR is business/peace of mind driven. I 've enjoyed your posts and have bought some of your fine products, thank you.
    When I had my shop the workload occasionally took the fun out of it too so I totally understand where you're coming from.
    Keep up the good work and keep it fun. Oh yeah, and be sure to share it with us.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. I to was in the same situation about 6-7 years ago. Owning & running 2 businesses and almost killing myself in the process. Getting to the shop at 6 in the morning and leaving at 11-12 at night! I called it quits on the one business making car parts and so on 6 years ago. Went to work for a sheet metal fab shop full time, full benefits, vacation time. I still own and operate the powder coat shop, but since I moved in to another shop space and got new equipment in the last 3 years I have been beyond "up to may ass in alligators"! So I put my time in at the sheet metal shop and am going full time with the powder coating. Been doing it for 12 years now so it's nothing new to me! Never had employees to deal with. I like doing it and the money is decent. So I will see where it takes me! Good luck to you Leonard!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. I recently sent your new distributor a couple questions but they never answered back. Since you had more or less told the board to go to them for your parts I figured why bother and found another solution.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Thanks fellas for the kind responses.

11. I hear all that man. Pleasure doing business with you and it couldn't have gone to better people than Andy & Teresa.

12. Powerflite

Powerflite

Rotten Leonard, what happened to the alternators that were disguised as generators, that you previously sold? I need a couple more of them but don't see them on his site.

chryslerfan55 likes this.