Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ogden Chrome Plating

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 03GMCSonoma, Mar 18, 2020.

1. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Has anyone sent any items to Ogden Chrome Plating to get rechromed? I am assuming their work is outstanding but how expensive are they? How about their turn around time? I'd heard Mr Kindig of Bitchin' Rides uses them. That could be because they are close. Looking for some input. Thanks in advance.

Hombre likes this.
  2. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have used Ogden plating a couple of times. I will say there work is of very good quality and they used to at least have three different levels that they would do chrome for you. One of those was for like a street car as opposed to a show car. I do not know if they still offer that service. I was very pleased with the chrome they did for me. When it comes to something like chrome I personally do not shop price. Nothing about chrome is cheap, all of the shops charge an arm and a leg to plate almost anything. If you know what is entailed in the process you will never complain about price. I cannot remember it taking very long to get my parts returned, I sent them a set of Hemi Valve Covers, and two bumpers I believe I had them back in a month or so, maybe 6 weeks.

03GMCSonoma and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Used them once,would never use them again.
    Shitty services and lies and bullshit,
    I hope you have a better experience than I did
    Also,ask Pinkees about the one off engine mounts they lost or the 32 cabriolet windshield frame they ruined.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@03GMCSonoma ,
    Youve got Smittys in Lewellen, and Yuma Plating in Yuma CO, that are both much closer, much better priced and do great work!

Ogden priced me 1300 to do the axle for my t bucket! I dont remember Smittys price, but less than that by a ways.. Yuma told me something like 500. Can you guess where I went? There are several big name resto shops that use those platers too.

03GMCSonoma likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!