Register now to get rid of these ads!

offset a-arm shafts bagged caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atotalnincompoop, Jan 13, 2010.

1. i need to source a set of offset upper a-arm shafts for my 58 cadillac.
    i haven't been able to find any for this car, i was wondering if anyone knows if another cars shafts are compatible?
    here is the only pic i have of them...
    [​IMG]

2. turdytoo

turdytoo

Moog used to make them for some applications, called them " problem solvers". I made a fixture with a spacer in it for the upper control arm mounts back in "dirt trackin daze". Next I cut off the control arm bracket, removed the spacer, and reinstalled the bracket.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

On one car I lengthened my a arms .Of course I changed the scrub line .Only problem was tires would wear funny ,but it took a long time .

4. i don't really want to cut up the chassis anymore than i already have, its a heavy car, a really heavy car.
    i wonder how close the 57 chevy ones are?

5. Have you tried something as in a later model off a '70s or '80s car? The shaft holes would have to line up and you'd have to get the desired shaft to ball joint dimension. Since you have it bagged, you might be in the market for a nice tubular pair.

Bob

6. are tubular a arms longer than stock?